MSc in International Hospitality Management
emlyon business school (eng)Écully - FRANCE
- Via Mastersbooking: 0 €
- Via the regular school procedure: 120 €
- I apply
Next admission round:
- 1 year (12 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: MSc in International Hospitality Management
The MSc in International Hospitality Management is the fruit of a partnership between EMLYON Business School and the Institut Paul Bocuse, an international school specialising in hotel industry, catering and culinary-arts management. Taught exclusively in English, this 16-month programme offers students the possibility to follow classes at both institution's campuses, in France (at Lyon-Ecully), and in China (in Shanghai). With the aim of responding to challenges related to changes in the hotel industry, students develop management techniques that are specific to this market within an international class.
Taught by academic experts from two institutions and international professionals, the MSc in International Hospitality Management imparts sound knowledge in marketing, human resources management, operations management, finance, etc. with specialised classes in company creation, innovation management, concept development, e-commerce, brand design and also 'the hotel industry lifestyle'.
The MSc in International Hospitality Management is taught over three semesters + a work placement of four- to nine-months:
- Introduction: professional immersion module
- Semester 1: taught at the EMLYON campus
- Semester 2: taught at the Institut Paul Bocuse campus
- Semester 3: taught at the Shanghai campus
- Semester 4: international work placement
Group work, company visits and managing real projects within sector companies are interspersed throughout the course and reinforce the programme's experience-based approach. Finally, a compulsory work placement abroad, from four to nine months, depending on the student's professional plans, rounds off the course.
- Start of academic year : end August 2015
- Duration : 16 months
- Course followed in France and China
- Taught in English
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- Openings include : Hotel management, events project management, sales and marketing, catering industry management, finance and management control, leisure centre management, managing a company specialising in hospitality and lifestyle, managing a spa and/or thalassotherapy centre, etc.
- Partner companies : Groupe Accor, Hilton Worldwide, Groupe Flo, Elior Restauration, ClubMed, GL Events, Sodexo, etc.
- GMAT/GRE/TAGE MAGE
- TOEFL/TOEIC/ IELTS/ CPE Cambridge / Bullats
- Online application
- Admission is based on an application file, its supporting documents, and an online video.
- It is possible to be admitted directly after this first stage.
- If the panel would like to know more about your profile you will be invited to an oral interview, following which you will be admitted or rejected.
Other application costs:
- o Etudiants hors UE : 29000 €
Course cost description:
These tuition fees include administration fees ,as well as lifetime membership of the EMLYON Forever network for the 2015/2016 academic year and may change without prior notice.