Next admission round:
- 15 months
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Master of Surface & Textile Design
The founder Giulio Marangoni founded the Istituto Artistico dell'Abbigliamento Marangoni (Istituto Marangoni) with the objective of training professionals and technicians specializing in the field of fashion. Istituto Marangoni has never stopped believing in the value of training, constantly updating its programmes to ensure they are in line with Italian and international market needs.Istituto Marangoni has opened four new schools: London in 2003, Paris in 2006, Shanghai in 2013, and Milano Design in 2014. Istituto Marangoni now announces the opening of the new School of Fashion, Art & Design in Florence, scheduled for October 2016.
About the course:
This program is intended for those participants who already have a specific qualification, or who are practicing professionals in this sector. The program will begin by offering an in-depth history of fabrics and the trend.The course will deal with the historical and cultural roots of the birth of décor. There will then be an analysis of the successive technical developments in surface and in the general field of design.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- Understand materials and fabrics as well as technologies and their appropriate transformation in industry production.
- Evaluate with a critical approach the needs of the consumers, the market and trend, in relation to a precise target or design brand.
- produce designs that represent a contemporary language for surfaces.
- carry out extensive research in both a complex context and independently.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subjects.
- non-native English speakers need to provide a copy of the official English language certificate: the English language test score should be at least upper B2 at CEFR level - IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no elements below 5.5.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport-size photos
- Curriculum vitae
- Signed personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of a university diploma or school certificates with academic transcripts (for master course)
- Notarized photocopy of a graduation diploma and academic transcripts (must be equivalent to a UK bachelor degree) and their official translation in English, if in a language different than English (for the master's degree courses at the London and Paris schools)
- Portfolio (where requested)
Other application costs:
- Enrollment Fee: 5500 €