Next admission round:
- 1 year (12 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: MSc in Sports Industry Management
The MSc in Sports Industry Management course allows students:
- to develop a global vision of international sports market trends and,
- to acquire the specific technical skills to succeed in this highly coveted and competitive industry.
The course lasts for 16 months during which students discover management techniques that are specific to this market and interact with students from all over the world. The course starts at the EMLYON European campus with acquiring management fundamentals in a global context. Specialised classes subsequently assist them to deal with the specificities of the sport industry. Next, a second learning period takes place in the Alps where a majority of sector companies have their head offices. This proximity enables students to visit the companies, and to meet and interact with industry experts. The course is rounded off with an immersion at the Asia Campus in Shanghai, with a module "The Sport Business and Industry in Asia" and a compulsory four- to nine-month work placement.
Through the partnership with Outdoor Sports Valley, students will benefit from conferences and classes given by industry experts such as Pascal Clausse - Vice President Global Retail of Amer Sports Group, Jean Luc Diard - CEO and Founder of HOKA (ex CEO of Salomon), Eugenio Di Maria - Editor Sporting Goods Intelligence, Frédéric Moreau - International Sales Director Millet/Eider/Lafuma, Philippe Bocquillon Managing Director Puma China, Anti Karava - Marketing Director Columbia Europe, etc.
In Lyon, students will attend classes on the fundamentals of management that they will apply to the sports industry in an international context. Example modules: Marketing, Financial Analysis, Macroeconomics for Mangers, Contract Law in an International Economy, etc.
The classes in Annecy will enable students to identify the different segments of this sector. The modules include : History of Sport, Sociology and Economics, Marketing and Innovation, Main Sports Industry Players, Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, Sports Law, B2C Toolbox, etc.
Through specialised sports industry classes, as well as a specific in-company project, at the EMLYON campus in Shanghai students will discover a different development model, as well as the challenges and opportunities of this key region.
Group work, company visits and managing real projects within sector companies are interspersed throughout the course and reinforce the programme's experience-based approach. Finally, a compulsory work placement abroad, from four to nine months, depending on the student's professional plans, rounds off the course.",
- Start of academic year : September 2015
- Duration : 16 months
- Course followed in Lyon, Annecy and Shanghai
- Taught in English
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- Examples of first employments:
- Assistant Brand Manager, Nike, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Supply Chain Analyst/Procurement, Decathlon, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Brand Manager, Création Fusalp - Montant, Annecy, France
- Sales Manager, Oxylane, Chamonix, France
- Community Manager, Wild China, Beijing, China
Recruiting companies : Quechua, Decathlon, Creation Fusalp, Nixon Europe, Salomon, Nike, Puma, Adidas, Pro Sports Development, Vinci Stadium, Amer Sports, Millet, Fred & Farid communication agency.
- GMAT/GRE/TAGE MAGE
- TOEFL/TOEIC/ IELTS/ CPE Cambridge / Bullats
- Online application
- Admission is based on an application file, its supporting documents, and an online video.
- It is possible to be admitted directly after this first stage.
- If the panel would like to know more about your profile you will be invited to an oral interview, following which you will be admitted or rejected
Other application costs:
- o Etudiants hors UE: 26000 €
Course cost description:
These tuition fees include administration fees,as well as lifetime membership of the EMLYON Forever network for the 2015/2016 academic year and may change without prior notice.