Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
Mercyhurst UniversityErie - UNITED STATES USA
- Via Mastersbooking: 0 €
- Via the regular school procedure: -- €
- Bank loan
- Financial assistance or scholarships awarded by the institution
- Job to support your studies
Next admission round:
- 2 years (24 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
Studying Data Science prepares you for a career as a data analyst for either business or governmental agencies. The skill set is in fact applicable to most any industry or career field that relies on the processing of information to make more informed decisions. The program educates you to become a professional data scientist/data analyst prepared to support strategic decision-making with actionable, understandable competitive intelligence.
Graduates of the Master of Science in Data Science graduate program will be able to:
- Assess, evaluate and respond to decision-maker needs and requirements.
- Collect, clean, store and query data from a variety of private and public data sources.
- Apply appropriate analytic techniques to provide estimates that support decision-making and action.
- Communicate actionable information and findings in easy-to-understand written, oral, and visual formats.
In addition to core coursework focused on managing data and intelligence, machine learning and some programming, students will have the opportunity to explore with 12 credits of elective course work in topics such as app development, “Big Data” tools, cyber threat analysis and social media analysis.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
The Organizational Leadership faculty has developed seven broad-based learning outcomes that serve as the framework for the program's curriculum. Upon completion of the Organizational Leadership program, graduates will be able to:
1. Consistently demonstrate exemplary written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
2. Distinguish contemporary leadership theories and models; articulate a personal leadership philosophy; and apply appropriate models to an organizational setting.
3. Assess the characteristics of self, others, groups and organizations as an integral part of the process of leadership.
4. Demonstrate personal ethical and professional standards; apply standards to the organizational setting.
5. Reflect on and assess communication-based skills required for effective participation in organizational life.
6. Apply basic financial and budgeting techniques in an organizational setting.
7. Demonstrate ability to engage in independent research by applying critical thinking and inquiry skills in data gathering, synthesis, problem-solving and decision-making.
Clearly these are skills useful in any organization. Employers of our program's alumni include several universities, professional sports franchises and Fortune 500 companies. There are also several entrepreneurial small business owners who have benefitted from the program.
To be considered for admission into the Walker College's Organizational Leadership master's degree program, applicants must:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- International students from countries where English is not a native language must submit an official score report from the TOEFL (minimum score of 79) or IELTS (minimum score of 6.5) examination.
- Complete the appropriate graduate application.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit a personal statement discussing both personal and professional goals.
- Arrange for the submission of three (3) letters of reference.
The Office of Graduate & Continuing Education at Mercyhurst University reviews applications for this program on a rolling basis, meaning we can quickly communicate an admissions decision to you. However, applications are reviewed by an admissions committee ONLY after ALL application materials are received, so submit supplemental items as soon as possible when applying. There is a priority application deadline of March 31. International applicants should submit their application no later than June 1.