Next admission round:
- 18 months
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: MBA in International Relations
Geneva Business School's MBA in International Relations is designed for you to excel in diplomacy, foreign services and international business development. The program focuses on a broad range of issues, including relations between international organizations and NGOs, international Human rights law, gender and terrorism, cyber diplomacy and political violence.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a Major in International Relations at Geneva Business School has been designed to provide you with a deep understanding of the impact international relations and geopolitical factors have on operational management and business success. After completing this MBA, you will be well prepared for jobs in international fields such as human rights, arms control, international laws and treaties.
Over the course of the program you will:
- Gain the capacity to work in the development of
- Introduce realistic solutions for the management of
current global crises.
- Be familiar with global cultures and social
- Build contacts with diplomatic organizations and
staff to enhance global connectedness and vision.
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. The orientation week will focus on your International Relations major and you will be able to present your final project to your tutors and get feedback and guidance towards its completion.
Beyond the main Business modules offered within each major, students also take specialization courses, such as:
- Gender and Terrorism
- Political Violence
- Strategies in International Relations and Management
- Cyber Diplomacy
- International Human Rights Law
- National and International Security
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
The program is of particular relevance to those working, or planning to work in:
- Foreign Service
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 (English Official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates obtained
- A 500 word essay: What can you bring to the GBS community?
- Photocopy of valid passport / National ID
- 1 reference letter
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Economics. If prerequisites not studied previously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum of 60% on the self tests.
- 2 years of work experience or equivalent
Course cost description:
Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: CHF 3,000 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Tuition per semester: CHF 10,650 (Total 1.5 year program / 3 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Total: CHF 35,100