Next admission round:
- 15 months
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Master in Home Collection
The founder Giulio Marangoni founded the Istituto Artistico dell'Abbigliamento Marangoni (Istituto Marangoni) with the objective of training professionals and technicians specializing in the field of fashion. Istituto Marangoni has never stopped believing in the value of training, constantly updating its programmes to ensure they are in line with Italian and international market needs.Istituto Marangoni has opened four new schools: London in 2003, Paris in 2006, Shanghai in 2013, and Milano Design in 2014. Istituto Marangoni now announces the opening of the new School of Fashion, Art & Design in Florence, scheduled for October 2016.
About the course:
This progam has been designed for those who already have some technical-project training and who would like to acquire professional preparation in the world of interior design, giving particular attention to the concept of interior luxury. The training is strongly focused towards the working relationship between the designer and the client.The master's in home collection trains professionals who can translate the creative design identity of a fashion brand with sophistication in a project from the home collection.
- contemporary luxury interior design
- design exploration
- design innovation
- creative project
- research methods
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- manage the development of a project aimed at clients with proposals that coordinate fabrics, colours, patterns and furnishings that are in harmony with contemporary trends.
- analyse and acquire the technical knowledge and understanding of fabrics and furnishings, as well as of materials.
- recognize the styles and the identities of fashion brands in the luxury market.
- interpret and translate the style of a brand in a home collection project.
- analyse the evolution of living and contemporary design.
- interpret the assigned project space and represent it.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subjects.
- non-native English speakers need to provide a copy of the official English language certificate: the English language test score should be at least upper B2 at CEFR level - IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no elements below 5.5.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport-size photos
- Curriculum vitae
- Signed personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of a university diploma or school certificates with academic transcripts (for master course)
- Notarized photocopy of a graduation diploma and academic transcripts (must be equivalent to a UK bachelor degree) and their official translation in English, if in a language different than English (for the master's degree courses at the London and Paris schools)
- Portfolio (where requested)
Other application costs:
- Enrollment Fee: 5500 €
- Non EU: 24000 €