Next admission round:
- 18 months
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Online MBA in Sustainability Management
This program involves global understanding of business knowledge and the development of new applications and innovative solutions for a sustainable economy, society & environment. MBA is a program for students who pursue a generalist career path and aim to achieve hands-on experience to satisfy the international requirements for sustainability management.
Delivered through SUMAS' virtual learning environment, the course is operated in a flexible format* - allowing you to pick your appropriate workload. You can decide how many of the available modules to take each term and you can even skip a term if you desire. All modules must be completed before advancing onto the final term, and all terms must be completed within 3 years of enrollment.
Find the program's brochure here.
9 core modules and 5 major courses. The program also features projects in collaboration with our local and international partners and a final Capstone course (Business Strategy).
Attend your classes from home, work, or wherever you are.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
Areas of competency
Sustainability & Innovation, Responsible Management, Leadership and Development of Professional Skills
Specifically at the end of the program students will be able to:
- Apply and demonstrate awareness of advanced concepts of sustainable management
- Autonomously manage the complexities of sustainable practices in organizations
- Critically analyze the impact of business operations on environment and society and develop innovative solutions for sustainable development
- Use a holistic approach in business
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID.
- Copy of Bachelor's or Master's Degree with official transcripts (if not originally in English).
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School.
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school:
- TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or
- IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams.
- To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Application fee of 200CHF (EU students) or 500CHF (Non-EU students).
- Entry Test (for students without a Business Degree): once enrolled, we will ask you to take a computer-based exam that will help us determine your level of knowledge in certain topics that is important to have prior to starting your program. In case your background knowledge in a certain area is lower than the level required for the program, we will ask you to complete online learning modules in those areas (Academic Levelling Course - ALC Modules).