Next admission round:
- 1 year (12 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Why CityU MBA?
- CityU MBA is powered by a top-ranked business school at a world-class university.
CityU MBA offers an accelerated programme with flexible extension for further pursuit
- With a wide array of Experiential Learning Courses, CityU MBA participants enjoy exclusive opportunities to:
- Learn business and sharpen career skills in Asia's premier international city, Hong Kong;
- Develop global perspective via overseas group practicums and workshops at UC Berkeley in Silicon Valley and Imperial College in London;
- Obtain consultancy experience through Enterprise Diagnostic Residential Trip in Asia.
- CityU MBA provides outstanding applicants with substantial scholarships of various kinds.
- The CityU Campus is conveniently located in Kowloon Tong, a stone's throw from the city center.
CityU MBA is committed to providing students with practical, cutting edge managerial practice. Participants will take a total of 19 credit units of compulsory courses plus at least 9 credit units from the Experiential Learning component, and
- at least 9 credit units from programme elective for General MBA (Total: 40 credits), or
- at least 6 credit units from programme elective and 15 credit units (compulsory courses: 6 credit units and elective courses: at least 9 credit units) for One Concentration (Total: 49 credits), or
- 30 credit units (compulsory courses: 6 credit units and elective courses: at least 9 credit units from each concentration) for Double Concentrations (Total: 58 credits).
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
Upon successful completion of the CityU MBA programme, you should be able to develop knowledge in business and management disciplines through interest-based activities in addition to synthesize and apply knowledge across disciplines to business problems, particularly within a Greater China Business context. You should also be able to demonstrate evidence of effective solutions to real-business problems through communication and teamwork, and demonstrate awareness of social and ethical issues which impact on business.
When evaluating an application, we consider various factors (including academic achievements, professional experiences, and personal accomplishments) from a holistic perspective:
- An applicant must have a bachelor's degree from a recognized university with an acceptable GPA, or equivalent.
- Relevant work experience* is desirable (though not specifically required).
- An applicant is expected to have a satisfactory GMAT/GRE score (which can be submitted after the application). For applicants with substantial years of work experience, the GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived on a case-by-case basis.
- All shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview.
English Proficiency Requirement
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a score of TOFEL 79 (iBT) or 550 (PBT) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) ; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- score 450 in the new College English Test (CET6) of Chinese mainland or a pass in the old CET-6 test; or
- other equivalent qualifications
- Assessment of application
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview
- MBA post interview reflection
Course cost description:
- Non local 875 € per credit unit
- Local 757 € per credit unit
Scholarship - a range of scholarships are available to MBA students at City University of Hong Kong:
1. Elite Scholarship - outstanding academic, career and/or personal achievement, as well as evidence of leaderships in extracurricular activities and community services.
2. GMAT Scholarship - Outstanding GMAT achievers who achieved a GMAT score of 650 or above.
3. Diversity Contribution Scholarship - outstanding international academic and/or career achievement.
4. Concentration/Internship Scholarship - outstanding participants who admitted to concentration curriculum and internship programme.
5. Student Ambassador Scholarship - MBA students selected to become Student Ambassador to represent CityU MBA Programme.
6. Academic Excellence Award - MBA graduates achieved academic excellence which equivalent to GPA 3.8 or above.