Next admission round:
- 15 months
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Master In Fashion Photography & Film
The course is aimed at photographers, students of communication studies , fine arts, advertising and technical photography who want to begin a career int the fashion and film industry.
The program presents a multidisciplinary learning structure, which allows participants to develop the various skills needed to carry out reliable projects with professional characteristics. Using technical experimentation, cultural content and research, the course will train participants to bring to their future profession of fashion photographer and film director an approach that represents the soul and identity of a fashion brand. In addition Istituto Marangoni has signed a partnership with Superstudio 13, the world's most famous photographic studio. Sartorial fashion shoots take place here at the first and most popular fully equipped studio. Founded in 1983, it is a privileged iconic place and gathering centre for photographers, art directors, editors, stylists and creatives.
- history of fashion photography and film
- theory and technique of photography and moving image
- sociology of the fashion image
- photographic studio
- film studio
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- develop a range of critical and technical skills that lead to the professional presentation of fashion photography and film.
- test and contextualise creative ideas in the field of contemporary fashion communication.
- apply visual language to research, analyse, interpret, develop and structure ideas.
- master photographic and film techniques and learn the processing associated with editing and presentation.
- carry out a coherent critical body of visual research to inform project proposals.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subject
- Candidates must have a sufficient command of the English or the chosen language of the course to be able to meet the requirements of the programme in every respect.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
• three years degree or equivalent
• the applicant's qualifications
• the information given in supporting academic references
• the applicant's personal statement
• a portfolio of work (if appropriate to the subject)
Other application costs:
- Enrollment Fee: 5500 €
- Non EU: 24000 €