Next admission round:
- 15 months
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Master of Contemporary Fashion Buying
The founder Giulio Marangoni founded the Istituto Artistico dell'Abbigliamento Marangoni (Istituto Marangoni) with the objective of training professionals and technicians specializing in the field of fashion. Istituto Marangoni has never stopped believing in the value of training, constantly updating its programmes to ensure they are in line with Italian and international market needs.Istituto Marangoni has opened four new schools: London in 2003, Paris in 2006, Shanghai in 2013, and Milano Design in 2014. Istituto Marangoni now announces the opening of the new School of Fashion, Art & Design in Florence, scheduled for October 2016.
About the course:
Designed for students who have graduated from economics, marketing or fashion design with marketing. Those who have proven work experience in these fields may also enrol on the course. It is focussed at training the student to become a fashion buyer, an experienced professional in the selection and purchase of fashion products.
- strategic fashion buying
- contemporary issues in fashion
- fashion buying and product development management
- fashion marketing management
- research methods
- fashion buying and supply chain management
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- comprehensive understanding of the practice, theories and management related to fashion buying through the ability to use critical knowledge of key trends, market research and sales analysis to achieve business objectives for fashion brands.
- critically evaluate the buying process and understand the impact of new innovation and technology using theoretical frameworks and research, and propose strategies to meet the short and long-term trading objectives of global fashion businesses.
- Show systematic understanding of the fashion product development management process, garment construction, and critical path management to meet the needs of specific target global markets.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subjects.
- non-native English speakers need to provide a copy of the official English language certificate: the English language test score should be at least upper B2 at CEFR level - IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no elements below 5.5.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport-size photos
- Curriculum vitae
- Signed personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of a university diploma or school certificates with academic transcripts (for master course)
- Notarized photocopy of a graduation diploma and academic transcripts (must be equivalent to a UK bachelor degree) and their official translation in English, if in a language different than English (for the master's degree courses at the London and Paris schools)
- Portfolio (where requested)
Other application costs:
- Non - EU: 22404 €
- Enrollment Fee: 5035 €