Next admission round:
- 1 year (12 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Advanced Master in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
The Advanced Master in Innovation & Entrepreneurship is a 12 month International Master programme taking place at Solvay Brussels School of Economics & Management and MIP Politecnico di Milano, and is taught entirely in English.
The Advanced Master in Innovation & Entrepreneurship is aimed at candidates who want to think and act like entrepreneurs and become innovative leaders.
Our partner: MIP Politecnico di Milano.
MIP is a global business school accredited by EQUIS and AMBA. It is ranked by the Financial Times among the best business schools in Europe and has been recognised as a prestigious business school for over 30 years. The school works with a wide network of public and private companies and is supported by the strong links developed with the Politecnico di Milano's Departments of Engineering and Design.
The course is taught entirely in English and lasts for 12 months starting in September. The programme consists of an autumn term in Milan, a spring term in Brussels and a summer term at one of the two campuses, according to preference.
By being mobile across different European locations, the participants will be stimulated to adopt a broader market perspective and to use their capability to network and interact with different business environments.
Over the course of the program, participants will take part in two main field projects:
- The “New Venture Lab” where they will have to act as an entrepreneur to create a startup from scratch.
- The “Innovation in Action Lab” where they will have to run a consulting assignment in an established small or medium enterprise.
During these projects, participants will be individually coached by the Faculty and professional consultants to maximise their on-the-job learning experience.
Full-time, days classes, fall term in Milan, spring term in Brussels
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
By the end of this Advanced Master, you will be able to:
- Acquire the capability to foresee and understand technology and market changes from their inception
- Learn how to develop a new business idea, from the concept design to execution
- Learn to introduce and manage innovations, both cost-effectively and sustainably
- Identify new market and social opportunities for new and existing businesses
- Acquire advanced knowledge in project finance, project evaluation, product design, business modelling, marketing and organisation
- Develop your leadership and decision-making skills and your capability to deliver results
- Assess the costs and risks associated to new technologies and new markets
- Build your own personal network with managers, investors, designers, entrepreneurs, incubators and consultants from different industries and countries
- Build managerial and organisational skills, and your capability TO WORK IN A TEAM.
The Advanced Master in Innovation & Entrepreneurship seeks:
- students with a master's degree (4-5 years of university education), a post-graduate degree, or a 4-year bachelor's degree followed by 1-2 years of work experience
- candidates with a strong interest in business, innovation and entrepreneurship
- candidates with an appreciation of diversity and multidisciplinary activities
Eligible applicants must hold one of the following:
- Master or Master of Science Degree, or equivalent (four or five years of study overall)
- Bachelor Degree with 180 ECTS credits or equivalent, preferably followed by 1-2 years of work experience.
Admissions will be based on the candidates' academic and/or professional background, and motivation. Proficiency in English necessary.
If the review of your application is positive, an interview (at Solvay or via Skype) will be organised with the Academic Director within 2 weeks. The result will be communicated within 5 working days. From the date of receipt of your admission letter, you will then have two weeks to confirm your registration by paying a 2000€ deposit and signing the admission documents.
Course cost description:
Early-Bird discounts, amounting to €1.000, will be recognized to candidates who will send their applications by January 31st, 2019 (valid only for registrations confirmed within 2 weeks from receipt of the admission documents).