Next admission round:
- 1 year (12 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: DESIGN OF REINFORCED CONCRETE STRUCTURES - ONLINE
Focused on the design and creation of all kinds of structures - e.g. buildings, bridges and special constructions - structural engineering is an invaluable profession across the modern world. The principal focus of this Master's program is to form a structural specialist designer, according to Eurocode and international annex. It provides an introduction to the concepts and principles of seismic design, including strategies for designing earthquake-resistant buildings to ensure the health, safety, and security.
- Design of concrete structures, according to Eurocode 2 and NTC (Italian Annex)
- FEM analysis
- Seismic design of concrete structures, according to Eurocode 8 and NTC (Italian Annex)
- Special reinforced concrete structures: Tall Buildings, Bridges and concrete slabs
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Case Studies
The Master is essentially divided into two semesters: the first involves lectures and seminars carried out by University Professors and professionists. The didactic activity will use different methods: lectures, workshops, business cases, project works, exercises and site visits. In the second semester there will be a training period of 4-5 months (INTERNSHIP) offered by one of the partners of the School.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
Employment opportunities include work with consulting structural engineers, construction companies, building development companies, engineering departments of private corporations, public utilities, and government agencies.
The admission is open to candidates with a University Diploma, a Bachelor or a Master of Science in Engineering, Architecture, Management and similar scientific subjects. As for candidates who graduated abroad, equivalent study titles in the respective educational institutions will be considered. (bachelor for 1st level Specializing Master or MsC for 2nd level Specializing Master).
The Politecnico di Milano will evaluate admissability of each candidate who must send by email the following documents:
- Specializing Master Application filled
- Copy of the passport, from which the nationality can be deduced
- Copy of the University degree in original language and translated in English or Italian
- Curriculum Vitae (a short resume reporting the work and professional experience)
- Transcript reporting the passed exams in original language and translated in English or Italian
- The Politecnico could decide to do a phone interview to each admissible candidate.
The admissibility will be given to each candidate by email. For canditates graduated Abroad, the Politecnico di Milano will send an admission letter to the Italian Embassy (or Consulate) of the candidate's Country asking for a Letter of Academic Eligibility and Suitability (“Dichiarazione di valore in loco”) and VISA (for non EU citizens, also if graduated in EU). The students admitted to the Master Program must submit the enrollment form using the form prepared for this purpose, the DV, a copy of the first payement and a copy of the permit of stay (if necessary) before the first day of lesson.