Master of Science in Organizational Leadership - Higher Education Concentration
Mercyhurst UniversityErie - UNITED STATES USA
- Via Mastersbooking: 0 €
- Via the regular school procedure: -- €
- Bank loan
- Financial assistance or scholarships awarded by the institution
- Job to support your studies
Next admission round:
- 2 years (24 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Master of Science in Organizational Leadership - Higher Education Concentration
Studying Organizational Leadership - Higher Education prepares you for a career in college, university or secondary school administration. The skill set is applicable to most any field in higher education (enrollment, academic affairs, athletics, etc.) that relies on quality organization and team-building skills. The program educates you on the theories and best practices of leadership, with knowledge specific to the education industry, which will help you prepare for your new career or improve your position with your current employer.
Graduates of the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership - Higher Education graduate program will be able to:
- Establish direction by creating a vision and setting strategies.
- Align people by communicating, seeking commitment and building teams.
- Motivate and inspire others by identifying and satisfying their unmet needs.
In addition to core OL coursework focused on strategic planning, team building, and leadership, students will have the opportunity to explore with 12 credits of education-focused topics such as education law, governance and history.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
The Organizational Leadership faculty has developed seven broad-based learning outcomes that serve as the framework for the program's curriculum. Upon completion of the Organizational Leadership program, graduates will be able to:
1. Consistently demonstrate exemplary written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
2. Distinguish contemporary leadership theories and models; articulate a personal leadership philosophy; and apply appropriate models to an organizational setting.
3. Assess the characteristics of self, others, groups and organizations as an integral part of the process of leadership.
4. Demonstrate personal ethical and professional standards; apply standards to the organizational setting.
5. Reflect on and assess communication-based skills required for effective participation in organizational life.
6. Apply basic financial and budgeting techniques in an organizational setting.
7. Demonstrate ability to engage in independent research by applying critical thinking and inquiry skills in data gathering, synthesis, problem-solving and decision-making.
Clearly these are skills useful in any organization. Employers of our program's alumni include several universities, professional sports franchises and Fortune 500 companies. There are also several entrepreneurial small business owners who have benefitted from the program.
To be considered for admission into the Walker College's Organizational Leadership - Higher Education master's degree program, applicants must:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- International students from countries where English is not a native language must submit an official score report from the TOEFL (minimum score of 79) or IELTS (minimum score of 6.5) examination.
- Complete the appropriate graduate application.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit a personal statement discussing both personal and professional goals.
- Arrange for the submission of three (3) letters of reference.
The Office of Graduate & Continuing Education at Mercyhurst University reviews applications for this program on a rolling basis, meaning we can quickly communicate an admissions decision to you. However, applications are reviewed by an admissions committee ONLY after ALL application materials are received, so submit supplemental items as soon as possible when applying. There is a priority application deadline of March 31. International applicants should submit their application no later than June 1.