Next admission round:
Next recruitment session:
Available spots: 30
Places available per academic year: 30
- 1 year (12 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
A Level+4 years
Presentation: M.Sc. in Advertising
It's a full time one year program with focus on Advertising field.
The learning outcomes of the programme are:
- Students will be able to demonstrate the principals and processes involved in all channels of communications. This includes advertising, public relations, media, customer relationship management, direct marketing, consumer promotions, multimedia, new media and new channels in development.
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge and advanced skills in idea generation, creative concept formation, planning and execution of advertising and marketing communication campaigns.
- Students will be able to demonstrate full cognisance of the changing role of media management including media strategy, media planning, media consumer planning buying and analysis.
- Students will develop a critical awareness of the processes involved in developing creative strategies including art direction, copywriting and integration of creative across all channels
- Students will acquire a range of high level skills relating to the principals and processes involved in television, radio and print production as required in advertising campaigns, display, publicity, sales promotion and direct marketing campaigns.
- Students will develop specialised techniques and abilities in the use of software packages for word processing, graphics, desktop publishing and statistical methods such as SPSS.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competence in a range of advanced communication skills applied in varied and unpredictable situations.
- Students will conduct a research dissertation which allows them the opportunity to reflect, scrutinise and engage intellectually with current advertising issues.
- The first semester introduces participants to a range of subjects that provide the foundation for both the executive and creative dimensions of advertising. These currently include
- advertising strategy,
- consumer behaviour,
- marketing communications and advertising media,
- advertising and marketing research and
- creative techniques including art direction, copywriting and design and layout.
- Semester Two sees the participants elect modules depending on their chosen stream. One core module is shared by both streams. The final five weeks of Semester Two are dedicated to an intensive group project.
- In Semester Three the student engages with independent learning by researching a dissertation.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- Main career prospects of the graduates are advertising agencies.
- But also work in specialist advertising companies e.g. creative boutiques or media specialists.
- Related advertising and marketing service areas such as market research, graphic design, sales promotions or direct marketing are also available
- Opportunities also arise with media companies in media sales or on the client side in advertising or promotions management.
- Minimum second class honours bachelor degree (2.2 or higher) in any discipline or equivalent third level qualification.
- Academic grades
- Work/life experience
- Interview for specific programmes
- Applicants for the creative stream should complete the following brief: Creative Stream application brief: Ideas.
Mrs/Ms Kate Uí GHALLACHóIR