Next admission round:
- 15 months
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Master of Fashion promotion, communication & media
The founder Giulio Marangoni founded the Istituto Artistico dell'Abbigliamento Marangoni (Istituto Marangoni) with the objective of training professionals and technicians specializing in the field of fashion. Istituto Marangoni has never stopped believing in the value of training, constantly updating its programmes to ensure they are in line with Italian and international market needs.Istituto Marangoni has opened four new schools: London in 2003, Paris in 2006, Shanghai in 2013, and Milano Design in 2014. Istituto Marangoni now announces the opening of the new School of Fashion, Art & Design in Florence, scheduled for October 2016.
About the course:
Designed for students who have previously studied communication, advertising, business and marketing or who have relevant work experience in the same field. The program allows participants to acquire all the technical and theoretical concepts they will need to create a campaign through the study of subjects such as fashion & luxury marketing management, public relations & fashion advertising campaigns.
- contemporary fashion communication and criticism
- strategic branding and innovation management
- contemporary issues in fashion
- social media and digital pr management
- creative direction
- research methods
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- demonstrate a systematic understanding of the key fashion communication channels and theories, across written and visual media, and apply this knowledge to fashion industry contexts, generate creative and original management solutions to specialist and non-specialist audiences in a manner appropriate to the discipline area.
- appreciate fashion branding theories and omni-channel business strategies.
- PR in the digital age and conceptualise creative digital campaigns for a fashion brand to a global community.
- show leadership and problem solving skills relevant to creative direction for fashion media, and interpret knowledge and practice at the forefront of the discipline.
- evaluate research and apply appropriate methodologies of research and enquiry to own independent research, produce a substantial piece of work embedding industry and academic standards.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subjects.
- non-native English speakers need to provide a copy of the official English language certificate: the English language test score should be at least upper B2 at CEFR level - IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no elements below 5.5.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport-size photos
- Curriculum vitae
- Signed personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of a university diploma or school certificates with academic transcripts (for master course)
- Notarized photocopy of a graduation diploma and academic transcripts (must be equivalent to a UK bachelor degree) and their official translation in English, if in a language different than English (for the master's degree courses at the London and Paris schools)
- Portfolio (where requested)
Other application costs:
- Non - EU: 24000 €
- Enrollment Fee: 5500 €