Next admission round:
- 18 months
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: MBA in Oil and Gas Management
Geneva Business School's MBA in Oil & Gas management is designed to provide you with in-depth knowledge appropriate to the environment of trading in the global oil industry. You will be taught by highly skilled professionals involved on a daily basis with the intricacies of trading in Oil and Gas on a global level.
The Master of Business Administration with a Major in Oil & Gas Management at Geneva Business School will teach you how to face challenges, make key decisions and master international policies and legalities within the energy industry, exploring the key factors and emerging technologies that are influencing the future of oil and gas.
Over the course of the program you will:
- Possess expertise in Oil and Gas trading techniques
- Become knowledgeable in economic principles that drive the Oil and Gas Industry
- Be capable of international accounting and financing
- Gain familiarity with international policies and legalities that govern Oil and Gas Trade
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. The orientation week will focus on your Oil & Gas management major and you will be able to present your final project to your tutors and get feedback and guidance towards its completion.
Beyond the main Business modules offered within each major, students also take specialization courses, such as:
- Review and Projection of Oil Prices
- Oil Market
- Risk Management in Oil and Gas
- International Accounting and Finance for Oil and Gas
- Asset Management in Oil and Gas
- Mechanics of Commodity Training
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
The program is of particular relevance to those working, or planning to work as a:
- Supply Chain Manager
- Business Analyst
- Commodities Expert
- Business Development Coordinator
- Management Analyst
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 (English Official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates obtained
- A 500 word essay: What can you bring to the Geneva Business School community?
- Photocopy of valid passport / National ID
- 1 reference letter
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Economics. If prerequisites not studied previously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum of 60% on the self tests.
- 2 years of work experience or equivalent
Course cost description:
Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: CHF 3,000 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Tuition per semester: CHF 10,650 (Total 1.5 year program / 3 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Total: CHF 35,100