Next admission round:
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Advanced Master in Quantitative Finance
The Advanced Master in Quantitative Finance offers a unique set of quantitative tools in finance. Through a well-selected set of courses in Mathematics, Statistics / Econometrics, Finance, and Programming you will gain the all the necessary skills to become a successful financial professional.
The programme covers quantitative asset management, derivative pricing and risk management and is particularly well-suited for students with a quantitative background, obtained either from recent education or through professional experience. The main objective is to train a new generation of financial professionals. You will gain cutting-edge knowledge in quantitative finance and learn to apply it to real-life problems. You will not only be exposed to some of the latest and most used techniques and models, but also understand their advantages and limitations.
The course starts mid September with two weeks of intensive preparatory courses in probability and programming.
- Term 1, October and November, provides the technical background, with courses on stochastic calculus, estimation theory, simulation and programming.
- Term 2 builds the theoretical foundations of asset pricing and derivatives pricing. Furthermore, C++ programming is started and its application in finance.
- In Term 3, more specialised courses are taught in the field of Fixed Income, Financial Econometrics, Risk Management and Asset Pricing Practice.
- Term 4 provides courses on advanced and specialised topics, such as Credit risk, Financial Big Data, Derivatives Pricing Practice and Product Structuring.
- The final term, lasting three months and ending in August, is devoted to the final thesis or to a corporate internship, based on the participant's performance over the year.).
Full-time, afternoon and evening classes
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Build asset management strategies and construct robust asset portfolios both within asset classes as well as across different asset classes.
- Create, program and back-test structured derivative products. Gain a better overall understanding of the derivatives markets compared to other graduate students and many junior professionals.
- Efficiently extract data from massive databases and understand the valuation aspects of counterparty risk in derivatives trading (arguably two of the hottest areas in today's quantitative finance).
- Understand the context of the financial markets where these products exist and analysis are framed. Be more effective and creative in their professional environment and therefore progress more quickly in their careers.
The Advanced Master in Quantitative Finance seeks:
- the highest calibre students, displaying the greatest motivation to take and complete the program
- candidates with an outstanding academic background, intellectual curiosity and the discipline necessary to succeed in a very demanding environment
- candidates with at least a graduate degree or equivalent. This degree should be, but not exclusively, in economics, finance, mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science or engineering
- professionals in the financial sector with experience in quantitative activities
Eligible applicants must hold one of the following:
- Master or Master of Science Degree or equivalent (4 or 5 years of study overall)
- Bachelor Degree with 180 ECTS credits or equivalent, preferably followed by 1-3 years of work experience
Admissions will be based on the candidates' academic and/or professional background, and motivation. Proficiency in English necessary.
If the review of your application is positive, an interview (at Solvay or via Skype) will be organised with the Academic Director within 2 weeks. The result will be communicated within 5 working days. From the date of receipt of your admission letter, you will then have two weeks to confirm your registration by paying a 2000€ deposit and signing the admission documents.
Course cost description:
Early-Bird discounts, amounting to €1.000, will be recognized to candidates who will send their applications by April 29th, 2019 (valid only for registrations confirmed within 2 weeks from receipt of the admission documents).