Presentation: Advanced Master in Innovation & Strategic Management
The Advanced Master in Innovation & Strategic Management will provide students with the tools, skills and mindset needed to deal with the challenge of fast-evolving organisations. It helps students to develop their entrepreneurial abilities, to analyse complex challenges and influence their environment early on in their careers. It covers the main management disciplines (strategy, marketing, finance, project management, etc.) with a focus on the future. It embraces innovation in all its aspects, from technological, thanks to a real understanding of social media, new products and services, to new business models and organisational forms.
The programme will show you the importance of innovation and how to think strategically. You will master key management concepts and learn how to drive innovation projects. It will help you to develop your entrepreneurial skills and to understand the dominant strategic logic in many different sectors around the world. In short, you will learn how to think globally and act locally.
This master consists of full-time day courses (60 ECTS) split over five terms and completed within 10 months of daily classes.
Throughout the year, students will have the opportunity to join the European Innovation Tour*: they will discover up to 3 top European innovation hubs where they will meet and visit world-class innovative firms, disruptive start-ups and ecosystem builders.
The last two terms, students gain real-world experience via a deep immersion in the challenges of different industries. The key subjects at this stage comprise consulting skills, case studies in innovation management, business modelling and planning, and a field project (a real consulting assignment for an existing organization).
Our teaching methods are very hands-on and participant-centred. Courses are mainly structured into case studies, workshops, seminars, discussions, simulations, group work, coaching sessions and on-the- job learning.
Classes are intentionally limited to manageable-sized and coherent cohorts, ensuring maximum participation and easy access to the faculty. Diversity in class in terms of gender, academic background and culture enhances the student experience of participants and prepare them for an international career.
Full-time, day classes
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
By the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Make informed choices about strategic & innovation issues carrying a high degree of uncertainty
- Solve complex business & radical innovation issues
- Work in or lead teams in charge of change management or innovation projects
- Integrate technological advances and opportunities into existing business models
The Advanced Master in Innovation & Strategic Management seeks:
- students with a master's degree (4-5 years of university education), a post-graduate degree, or a 3-year bachelor's degree (in any academic background) followed by 1-3 years of relevant work experience (or enriching entrepreneurial experience)
- candidates with a strong interest in business, innovation and entrepreneurship
- candidates with an appreciation of diversity and multidisciplinary activities
- candidates with strong motivation
Eligible applicants must hold one of the following:
- Master or Master of Science Degree or equivalent (4 or 5 years of study overall)
- Bachelor Degree with 180 ECTS credits or equivalent, preferably followed by 1-3 years of work experience
Admissions will be based on the candidates' academic and/or professional background, and motivation. Proficiency in English necessary.
If the review of your application is positive, an interview (at Solvay or via Skype) will be organised with the Academic Director within 2 weeks. The result will be communicated within 5 working days. From the date of receipt of your admission letter, you will then have two weeks to confirm your registration by paying a 2000€ deposit and signing the admission documents.
Course cost description:
Early-Bird discounts, amounting to €1.000, will be recognized to candidates who will send their applications by April 16th, 2018 (valid only for registrations confirmed within 2 weeks from receipt of the admission documents).