Presentation: Master in Art and Culture Management
The Rome Business School's Master's Degree in Arts and Culture Management is an exclusive programme designed for motivated international participants aiming at getting world-class competencies and at developing a successful global career in the fields of arts and culture. Attendees will receive advanced managerial expertise, anchored in the international context, thus becoming ready to excel as modern cultural managers and innovative leaders in the field of the creative industries. This programme's quality teaching, its international internship opportunities and its career and networking services all contribute to make this Master's Degree the perfect fit for anyone who is looking to rise to the top in the world of arts and culture management.
- Managing Arts and Culture in the Global Era
- Being a cultural manager
- Events Production and Organization as a promotion of the cultural heritage
- Marketing, Communications and Fundraising for Arts and Culture
- Creation of cultural compagnie
- Project Management for cultural organizations
- Business Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Art Galleries and Museums Management
- Publishing industry management
- Audio-visual industry management
- Performing arts management
- Music Production & Artist Management
- Theatre and show business management
- Web Series Management
- Cultural Event Management
The course is structured in:
- 20 two hour seminars and
- A final project work
This course may be attended in the following formulas:
- On campus, at the Rome Business School, Rome headquarters
- Distance learning, through a cutting edge e-learning platform with live lectures and a great teacher-student interaction
- 150+ project work hours
- An internship lasting between 6 weeks and 1 year (duration and country are based upon attendees' interests)
- A complementary cultural programme
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
Upon completion of the programme, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics and trends of the arts and culture market and the role played by the cultural manager
- Recognize the intersection of cultural management with other areas of political, economic and social concern, such as national identity, cultural diversity, economic development, urban regeneration and heritage preservation
- Develop and apply effective marketing and communication strategies in the global environment of arts and culture, both for private and public/non-profit organizations
- Identify and manage the characteristics of the main artistic and culture-related businesses and to develop effective managerial strategies
- Develop and nurture cultural brands
- Master the use of new technologies within cultural organizations and the most advanced communication tools and channels
- Structure effective managerial processes and functions for cultural organizations
- Organize fundraising activities and events to support cultural initiatives
- Explore the impact of legislation on the cultural market
- Manage financial dimensions related to cultural activities in the global economy
- Develop a comprehensive business plan for arts and cultural ventures
- Understand and utilize project management techniques for culturerelated managerial activities
- Evaluate and apply leadership models as tools for ethical and culturally-influenced decision-making
All applicants must have:
- A three-year degree (or be near completion)
- Demonstrate a good English proficiency
Selection is based on evaluation of CV and on the results of technical-motivational interviews.
Application considered by Rome Business School
The Rome Business School Recruitment Team will assess your application and will contact you if any additional documents are required. Complete applications are then considered by the Academic Selection Committee.
Interview (either in person or online)
All candidates selected by the academic selection committee must interview with a member of the faculty, either in person or online via Skype/Webex.
We will notify you informally by email of your application result, and you will receive either an official offer notification with information on any outstanding conditions to complete, or an official rejection notification within one week.
When to apply
The deadline for Non European Students is 45 days before the course starts, whereas for European students is 30 days. Admission decisions will be made on an ongoing basis as applications are received.
Course cost description:
The participation fee for the Master's Degree in Arts and Culture Management is € 3.500,00 and includes:
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIAL CONDITIONS/ OPPORTUNITIES:
STUDY GRANTS: For each learning option, 3 study grants are available - to partly cover the attendance fee - these will be assigned based upon the candidates' personal, previous experience and technical motivational profiles.
INSTALMENT PAYMENTS AND LOANS: The attendance fee may be paid off in instalments and low interest rate loans are available through banks with which we have special arrangements.