Next admission round:
- 18 months
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: MBA in Sports Management
Geneva Business School's MBA in Sports Management is designed to provide you with the organization and communication tools to manage sports events, teams, federations and sports clubs. This program will equip you to become an effective leader in the sports industry and helps you in learning to how to deal with the needs of executive staff, players, and supporters.
The Master of Business Administration with a Major in Sports Management at Geneva Business School is designed to equip you to become an effective leader and gain opportunities provided by this rapidly expanding sector. You will gain the organizational and communication skills enabling you to manage and market sporting events, federations, and sports clubs.
Over the course of this program students will:
- Develop your technical skills required to become an effective industry professional.
- Gain insight into practical business planning and management.
- Learn how to efficiently plan sporting events
- Manage team organization, merchandising, and marketing.
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. The orientation week will focus on your Sports Management major and you will be able to present your final project to your tutors and get feedback and guidance towards its completion.
Beyond the main Business modules offered within each major, students also take specialization courses, such as:
- Media Relations and Communications in Sports
- International Sports Federations and Organisations
- Sports Organisation - Strategic Management
- The Business of Football
- Managing Talent in the Sports Industry
- Sports Industry Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
The program is of particular relevance to those working, or planning to work as:
- Product Management Directors
- Public Relations Managers
- Sports Marketing Analysts
- Athletic Directors
- Sports Agents
- Marketing Directors
- Social Media Managers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 (official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- 3 years of work experience or equivalent
- A 500-word written response to a business case study
- An interview with a representative from the academic team on their chosen campus. Their response to the case study will be discussed in the interview
- A scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts, and academic certificates
- Photocopy of valid passport / national ID
- Reference letters from their former academic institution and from their current employer (if applicable)
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of accounting, finance, or economics. If prerequisites have not studied previously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum 60% on the self tests.
Other application costs:
- Administration fee - One time fee to be paid after being accepted and before receiving the Final Acceptance Letter: 1900 €
Course cost description:
Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: €1,900 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Tuition per semester: €7,460 (Total 1.5 year program / 3 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)