Presentation: M.Sc. Technology and Innovation Management
The programme is aimed for science, engineering and technology graduates who are interested in developing an innovation, management and commercial perspective on technology, and/or who wish to pursue management careers in a technology focussed industry.
The programme objectives are as follows:
- Provide perspectives, concepts, and tools to anticipate challenges and seize opportunities presented by global technological change;
- Provide graduates from different functional areas and perspectives with an understanding of the nature and process of technological innovation;
- Develop a common business language so managers and technologists can work together on technological processes within their organisation;
- Understand international and cross-cultural management perspectives and processes vis-à-vis technology development and innovation;
- Understand and integrate the commercialisation of technology and management of business operations;
- Utilise the linkages between technologies and organisational strategies to create value for the customer and competitive advantage for the organisation;
- Develop an understanding of the innovative and competitive value that can be achieved through better supply chain management, outsourcing and business partnerships; and
- Develop the knowledge and skill set required to manage development projects.
Finance for Management Decision Makers
Business Research Methods
Understanding & Leading Organisations
Strategic Supplier Management (including outsourcing)
Professional Development Module
Group Applied Consultancy Project
Delivered on a full-time basis over twelve months, the programme is designed in three distinct stages:
- The first semester of the programme exposes the participants to key management functions relevant to industry.
- Whilst the second stage not only advances knowledge within specific technology management contexts, it also advances learning by adopting a more strategic and corporate level of analysis, focusing on key management challenges for the technology sector.
- The third stage of the programme is the completition of a major management-learning focused group consulting project. The Professional Development Module, which runs over the three semesters, prepares the students for their consulting project and their future career.
- 2.2 award in an honours bachelor degree in science, engineering or technology
- Based on your academic grades and
- may take into account your work/life experience
- may also be required to attend for interview for specific programmes