Presentation: Master of Fashion Design Menswear
The founder Giulio Marangoni founded the Istituto Artistico dell'Abbigliamento Marangoni (Istituto Marangoni) with the objective of training professionals and technicians specializing in the field of fashion. Istituto Marangoni has never stopped believing in the value of training, constantly updating its programmes to ensure they are in line with Italian and international market needs.Istituto Marangoni has opened four new schools: London in 2003, Paris in 2006, Shanghai in 2013, and Milano Design in 2014. Istituto Marangoni now announces the opening of the new School of Fashion, Art & Design in Florence, scheduled for October 2016.
About the course:
The program has been designed for candidates who have previous professional experience in the fashion industry or who have studied fashion, design or similar subjects.The candidates must possess the ability to combine technical expertise with knowledge of the contemporary, and to deepen this understanding through research and experimentation with the goal of producing innovative ideas. The program trains the participants to work on several projects in a multidisciplinary manner. During the course participants will learn the theoretical and technical knowledge to develop self-reliance and confidence in their creative and professional abilities.
- relation between design and culture
- visual communication and brand identity
- research methodology
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- demonstrate the advanced technical and creative processes that are used to clearly and efficiently communicate a design concept, while reinforcing brand identity.
- evaluate and critically apply the theories and techniques used in the development of new design proposals for the menswear fashion industry, demonstrating originality and self-management.
- critically evaluate consumer needs as well as those of the market and trends for a specific menswear brand.
- carry out extensive research in the context of art and design for the menswear fashion industry.
- successfully carry out independent research.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subjects.
- non-native English speakers need to provide a copy of the official English language certificate: the English language test score should be at least upper B2 at CEFR level - IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no elements below 5.5.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport-size photos
- Curriculum vitae
- Signed personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of a university diploma or school certificates with academic transcripts (for master course)
- Notarized photocopy of a graduation diploma and academic transcripts (must be equivalent to a UK bachelor degree) and their official translation in English, if in a language different than English (for the master's degree courses at the London and Paris schools)
- Portfolio (where requested)
Other application costs:
- Non - EU: 24000 €
- Enrollment Fee: 5500 €