Presentation: Master of Laws in Cross-Border Business and Finance Law in Asia
The rise of Asian economies has fuelled demand for legal services in the region, especially in terms of structuring cross-border deals as well as dealing with transnational disputes. The aim of this LLM programme is to expose students to a broad range of legal issues that businesses in Asia are likely to encounter so that they will be better prepared to advise on cross-border matters in the region.
6 PRESCRIBED COURSES
- 1. Foreign Investment Law in Asia
- 2. Financial Regulation in Singapore, Hong Kong and Greater China
- 3. Beyond the Law: Regulatory Mechanisms in Cross-Border Issues in the Asian Context
- 4. International Business Law: An Asian Perspective
- 5. Trust and Wealth Mangement in Singapore and Hong Kong
- 6. Law of Mergers and Acquisitions
5 ELECTIVES (Choose 2 or submit 15k to 18k word Dissertation)
- 1. Business Defamation: Asian and Comparative Perspectives
- 2. Chinese Contract Law
- 3. Intellectual Property Law and Policy - International and Asian Perspectives
- 4. Asian and Global Trends in Information Technology Law
- 5. Law and the Changing Media Environment: Lessons from Asia and Beyond
Interactive Seminars, Project Work, Lecture
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
Master of Laws
- Good LLB or JD degree (or equivalent legal qualification)
- Those without a basic law degree but who have substantial knowledge of and exposure to law may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants will have to take an English proficency test if their undergraduate degree was not taught and examined in English. The minimum English proficency test requirement is as follows:
PTE Academic: 68
- 2 Recommendations
- 2 Personal Statements
Applicants are admitted on a rolling basis. Once the class size is filled, applications for the cohort will close. All other applicants will then be considered for the following year's cohort. Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo an interview and sit for a short written test.
An application is only considered complete when*
- Online application is submitted
- All supporting documents received
- Application fee is paid
*Reminder to candidates: applications made on mastersbooking.com are not a definite accepting reply from schools. They will have to follow the recruitment procedure of the school once pre-admitted.
Other application costs:
- Registration cost: 500 €