Next admission round:
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: SUSTAINABLE BUILDINGS AND INFRASTRUCTURES
The courses focuses on the environmental impact of buildings and infrastructures both in new and in existing constructions.
Lessons focus on the integrated design process, high performance buildings, the use of BIM applications, energy and light design modelling analysis for highly efficient buildings and technical solutions for green buildings. Also acoustic will be covered in every aspects and details.
- Conceptual design: The building and infrastructures, landscape design
- Acoustical Vibration and acoustic aspect on work spaces
- Acoustic analysis on buildings
- Environmental Acoustic analysis
- Method of measures of Acoustic parameters
- Acoustic bases and psychoacoustic
- Energy modelling and NZEB Design
- Static and dynamic (Energy Plus, E-Quest, Design Builder) modelling for the energy and environmental certification in Italy and in international system of rating (LEED)
- The production of renewable energies, The Energy Management of Buildings and at Urban Scale
- NZEB Designer: Near Zero Energy Buildings: The Bioclimatic and thermo-physical aspects on Buildings
- Green Building Council and LEED: Basic training for the exam for Green Associated and LEED AP
- The Energy Certification in Lombardy (CENED)
The Master is essentially divided into two semesters: the first involves lectures and seminars carried out by University Professors and professionals. The didactic activity will use different methods: lectures, workshops, business cases, project works, exercises and site visits. In the second semester there will be a training period of 4-5 months (INTERNSHIP) offered by one of the partners of the School.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
After the master, the student can go to work to professional offices, public administration and real estate or building construction company.
The course will help to attend the CENED Professional Accreditation, LEED AP or LEED Green Associate* GBC US and Acoustic Professional Accreditation for which the student will also have to show several working experiences in the field of Acoustic analysis). The Master Courses assigns the Professional Credits (CFP) for both engineers and architects.
*The courses gives the minimum content for the argument to pass the exam; The student will be accredited only passing the exam.
The admission is open to candidates with a University Diploma, a Bachelor or a Master of Science in Engineering, Architecture, Management and similar scientific subjects. As for candidates who graduated abroad, equivalent study titles in the respective educational institutions will be considered. (bachelor for 1st level Specializing Master or MsC for 2nd level Specializing Master).
The Politecnico di Milano will evaluate admissability of each candidate who must send by email the following documents:
- Specializing Master Application filled
- Copy of the passport, from which the nationality can be deduced.
- Copy of the University degree in original language and translated in English or Italian
- Curriculum Vitae (a short resume reporting the work and professional experience)
- Transcript reporting the passed exams in original language and translated in English or Italian
The Politecnico could decide to do a phone interview to each admissible candidate.
The admissibility will be given to each candidate by email. For canditates graduated abroad, the Politecnico di Milano will send an admission letter to the Italian Embassy (or Consulate) of the candidate's Country asking for a Letter of Academic Eligibility and Suitability (DV “Dichiarazione di valore in loco”) and VISA (for non EU citizens, also if graduated in EU).
The students admitted to the Master Program must submit the enrollment form using the form prepared for this purpose, the DV, a copy of the first payement and a copy of the permit of stay (if necessary) before the first day of lesson.
Course cost description:
6500€ (two installments: 3500€ before the 29/10/2016 and 3000€ before the 31/03/2017)