Next admission round:
- 2 years (24 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Environmental Sciences
NOTICE: You can apply for this Degree Programme through mastersbooking.com only if you are an international student. Here follows the categories considered:
- EU citizens and EU-equated citizens
- Non-EU citizens with an Italian residency permit
- Non-EU citizens residing in Italy with an Italian qualification
- Non-EU citizens residing outside Italy
- Italian citizens with a qualification obtained abroad
Italian citizens with Italian qualifications must follow a different procedure. For more info please visit: http://www.unive.it/pag/9791/.
The Master's Degree programme provides an elevated qualification and specialisation in the following fields: application of methodology of investigation and of the design of recovery operations and environmental rehabilitation; evaluation of environmental resources; regional management and planning and of coastal marine systems; evaluation and management of climate change issues and dynamics of the Earth system, environmental interest technologies and cleaner products and processes.
Once you will graduate, you will have gained the required skills to apply as a highly qualified specialist or a consultant in industries, international agencies for the protection of environment, public institutions, research institutions and universities.
The programme includes lab and interdisciplinary experiments on the field, as well as international internship opportunities.
It is structured in three curricula: Global Environmental Change (entirely taught in English), Control and Environmental Rehabilitation and Evaluation and Management of Environmental Systems.
The Master's Degree programme provides an elevated qualification and specialisation in the following fields: application of methodology of investigation and of the design of recovery operations and environmental rehabilitation; evaluation of environmental resources; regional management and planning and of coastal marine systems; evaluation and management of climate change issues and dynamics of the Earth system, environmental interest technologies and cleaner products and processes. Students are encouraged and supported in carrying out these courses to develop training in specific professional fields.
Learning activities comprise taught courses, workshop-based projects and training/internships so that students can acquire a broad range of competencies, both theoretical and practical, that are transferable to the world of work, as well as life-long learning skills.
Learning outcomes are continuously assessed by means of written exams, oral exams, assignments, project reports, presentations, and group as well as student-teacher discussions.
- Control and Environmental Rehabilitation (in Italian)
- Global Environmental Change (fully taught in English)
- Evaluation and Management of Environmental Systems (in Italian)
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
This Second Cycle Degree Programme produces highly qualified specialists able to operate, through their multidisciplinary skills, in prevention, diagnosis and solution to environmental issues. They may hold positions of responsibility in projects and facilities management. Graduates in Environmental Sciences may take the professional licensing examination to register on the Italian roll of Agronomists and Experts in Forest-related Sciences (section A), Architects (Landscape Planners Sector), Biologists and Geologists.
Entry qualification: Bachelor diploma (or higher)
For Academic year 2018/19, admission onto the Master's Degree programme in Environmental Sciences requires:
- an adequate personal preparation;
- specific curricula requirements, matured with the obtainment of a definite number of credits in certain disciplinary fields;
- understanding of English language at level B2: the list of certifications and cases of exemption are available on the dedicated web page. Each knowledge will be verified by the office at the moment of enrolment.
Admission to the programme is subjected to the evaluation of the minimum curricular requirements and personal preparation, which is checked through the pre-evaluation procedure.
For students holding qualifications gained abroad: a minimum three-year degree is required.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
You will need official translations along with verified copies of the original documents.
The official translation can be issued in the country of origin or in Italy - either by a local court of law, by court interpreters or by official translators. The entry qualification documents must also be legalised or bear the Apostille stamp certifying that the signature or seal on the document is genuine, and submitted in the original or certified copy.
You do not need to legalise the documents if:
- the qualification has been awarded by one of the signatory Countries of the European Convention of Brussels of 25 May, 1987 - Law 106/1990 (Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy);
- the qualification has been awarded by a German institution, following the Italo-German Convention on the exemption from legalization of public documents - Law 176/1973.
You must bring the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Course cost description:
Cost of the Degree Programme :
- EU students: 2061€
- Non-EU students from OECD countries (Australia, Canada, Chile, South Korea, Japan, Iceland, Israel, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, United States, Switzerland and Turkey): 2100€
- Non-EU students from developing countries (http://www.unive.it/): 700€
- Students from all other countries: 1200€
In addition, Ca' Foscari offers students a variety of forms of financial aid: scholarships, exemptions and reduction of fees, student loans, prizes for outstanding dissertations and other forms of concession.
Some of the student loans involve agreements with banks allowing students to pay tuition fees on favourable terms. The most deserving students are entitled to an interest-free advance repayable a year after graduation.
Students are also given the opportunity to participate in forms of student collaborations involving paid jobs within the university.