Presentation: Master of Italian Furniture & Product Design
The founder Giulio Marangoni founded the Istituto Artistico dell'Abbigliamento Marangoni (Istituto Marangoni) with the objective of training professionals and technicians specializing in the field of fashion. Istituto Marangoni has never stopped believing in the value of training, constantly updating its programmes to ensure they are in line with Italian and international market needs.Istituto Marangoni has opened four new schools: London in 2003, Paris in 2006, Shanghai in 2013, and Milano Design in 2014. Istituto Marangoni now announces the opening of the new School of Fashion, Art & Design in Florence, scheduled for October 2016.
About the course:
The program is designed for students who already have a degree in design, architecture, engineering or in a similar field, with a portfolio and/or professional experience in the design sector. Eligibility requirements are the knowledge of rhino software, AutoCAD (or similar) and the Adobe software suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- design of contemporary products
- concepts in product design
- reflections on design
- research method
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- critically analyse and select creative ideas for development.
- select and interpret various consumer behaviour.
- assess the company and communicate the brand identity and values through the product.
- critically analyse the choice of materials and the production process.
- interpret and develop a project of design and its graphic representation.
- understand the impact social changeshave and how these can influence different project solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subjects.
- non-native English speakers need to provide a copy of the official English language certificate: the English language test score should be at least upper B2 at CEFR level - IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no elements below 5.5.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport-size photos
- Curriculum vitae
- Signed personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of a university diploma or school certificates with academic transcripts (for master course)
- Notarized photocopy of a graduation diploma and academic transcripts (must be equivalent to a UK bachelor degree) and their official translation in English, if in a language different than English (for the master's degree courses at the London and Paris schools)
- Portfolio (where requested)
Other application costs:
- Enrollment Fee: 5500 €