Next admission round:
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Master of Fine Jewellery
The founder Giulio Marangoni founded the Istituto Artistico dell'Abbigliamento Marangoni (Istituto Marangoni) with the objective of training professionals and technicians specializing in the field of fashion. Istituto Marangoni has never stopped believing in the value of training, constantly updating its programmes to ensure they are in line with Italian and international market needs.Istituto Marangoni has opened four new schools: London in 2003, Paris in 2006, Shanghai in 2013, and Milano Design in 2014. Istituto Marangoni now announces the opening of the new School of Fashion, Art & Design in Florence, scheduled for October 2016.
About the course:
Participants are taught to design jewellery collections that combine creativity, research and innovation. Learning the advanced knowledge of the Italian and international manufacturing tradition permits the student to create jewellery that is in line with current trends in the market and with the image of the brand.
- jewellery and construction
- exploration of the design collection
- visual communication and design management
- research methods
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- design and plan a collection of accessories
- Evaluate the application of techniques and materials (stones, cutting, alloys, units of measure and weight…) for the creation of jewellery
- manage both the technical design and the illustration of jewellery
- construct small prototype models by hand and create a 3D software rendering of jewellery
- understand market oriented strategies of luxury accessory companies
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subjects.
- non-native English speakers need to provide a copy of the official English language certificate: the English language test score should be at least upper B2 at CEFR level - IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no elements below 5.5.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport-size photos
- Curriculum vitae
- Signed personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of a university diploma or school certificates with academic transcripts (for master course)
- Notarized photocopy of a graduation diploma and academic transcripts (must be equivalent to a UK bachelor degree) and their official translation in English, if in a language different than English (for the master's degree courses at the London and Paris schools)
- Portfolio (where requested)
Other application costs:
- Enrollment Fee: 5500 €
- Non - EU: 24000 €