Presentation: Master of Fashion Styling & Portfolio
The founder Giulio Marangoni founded the Istituto Artistico dell'Abbigliamento Marangoni (Istituto Marangoni) with the objective of training professionals and technicians specializing in the field of fashion. Istituto Marangoni has never stopped believing in the value of training, constantly updating its programmes to ensure they are in line with Italian and international market needs.Istituto Marangoni has opened four new schools: London in 2003, Paris in 2006, Shanghai in 2013, and Milano Design in 2014. Istituto Marangoni now announces the opening of the new School of Fashion, Art & Design in Florence, scheduled for October 2016.
About the course:
The program is designed to advance the students advanced knowledge of the field of fashion styling and fashion photography and help them to develop a broad range of abilities promoting originality and autonomy while enabling them to respond to the changing needs of the fashion industry. The exhaustive study of existing and emerging technology in the contemporary fashion industry allows students to develop their skill at independent personal research of the student.
- cultural identity of styling
- fashion brand
- creative communication and experimentation
- creative visualization
- theory and practice
- research methods
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- understand the relationship between the theory of photography, its practice.
- learn to create images with Photoshop and multimedia.
- manage a photographic space and choose its location.
- create photoshoots with models and technical assistants.
- analyse and describe fashion photographs and their cultural context.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subjects.
- non-native English speakers need to provide a copy of the official English language certificate: the English language test score should be at least upper B2 at CEFR level - IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no elements below 5.5.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport-size photos
- Curriculum vitae
- Signed personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of a university diploma or school certificates with academic transcripts (for master course)
- Notarized photocopy of a graduation diploma and academic transcripts (must be equivalent to a UK bachelor degree) and their official translation in English, if in a language different than English (for the master's degree courses at the London and Paris schools)
- Portfolio (where requested)
Other application costs:
- Non - EU: 24000 €
- Enrollment Fee: 5500 €