Presentation: Master of Fashion Retail Management
The founder Giulio Marangoni founded the Istituto Artistico dell'Abbigliamento Marangoni (Istituto Marangoni) with the objective of training professionals and technicians specializing in the field of fashion. Istituto Marangoni has never stopped believing in the value of training, constantly updating its programmes to ensure they are in line with Italian and international market needs.Istituto Marangoni has opened four new schools: London in 2003, Paris in 2006, Shanghai in 2013, and Milano Design in 2014. Istituto Marangoni now announces the opening of the new School of Fashion, Art & Design in Florence, scheduled for October 2016.
About the course:
The program is designed for students who have previously graduated in economics, marketing, fashion design or similar, or who have relevant work experience in the same field. Through the course curriculum participants will develop the necessary knowledge for the economic analysis of a store, ensuring that they can understand the budget and monitor indicators that measure the performance of the store, the sales-by-category indicators of cross-selling, stock rotation and coverage analysis. The course will also allow the participant to understand which strategies to promote and which loyalties to undertake in order to improve customer satisfaction and the shopping experience of the purchaser.
- the business of retail
- fashion marketing management
- retail management
- contemporary issues in fashion
- the power of communication in the POS
- research methods
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- select and define the indicators that measure the effectiveness by value generated in the store, analysing the seasonal variations and trends in the fashion industry;
- strategically plan the purchases of new fashion collections with buyers being aware of trends and stock policy and logistic processes in/out of the store.
- able to assess the economic data of the store and have strategies to improve its profitability;
- develop innovative retail marketing policies and define effective strategies for customer relationship management, assessing the motivation of consumers, competitors, brand values and cultural influences;
- apply and define all aspects related to retail communication, from multisensory color, light, smell and sound proposals, as well as stand design, to the management of in-store events;
- manage the store personnel with necessary leadership and through the application of motivation and incentive policies useful to this end;
- plan new forms of in-store shopping experience that combine business intelligence applications to the changing social habits of consumption in the luxury and fashion market;
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subjects.
- non-native English speakers need to provide a copy of the official English language certificate: the English language test score should be at least upper B2 at CEFR level - IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no elements below 5.5.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport-size photos
- Curriculum vitae
- Signed personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of a university diploma or school certificates with academic transcripts (for master course)
- Notarized photocopy of a graduation diploma and academic transcripts (must be equivalent to a UK bachelor degree) and their official translation in English, if in a language different than English (for the master's degree courses at the London and Paris schools)
- Portfolio (where requested)
Other application costs:
- Enrollment Fee: 5500 €
- Non EU: 24000 €