Next admission round:
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Master of Luxury Accesories Design & Management
The founder Giulio Marangoni founded the Istituto Artistico dell'Abbigliamento Marangoni (Istituto Marangoni) with the objective of training professionals and technicians specializing in the field of fashion. Istituto Marangoni has never stopped believing in the value of training, constantly updating its programmes to ensure they are in line with Italian and international market needs.Istituto Marangoni has opened four new schools: London in 2003, Paris in 2006, Shanghai in 2013, and Milano Design in 2014. Istituto Marangoni now announces the opening of the new School of Fashion, Art & Design in Florence, scheduled for October 2016.
About the course:
The course is structured for those who already have a degree and a portfolio that includes collections in accessories or who hold a sound professional background. The focus of the program is on the creation of a line of accessories in which embodies the aspect of ‘made in Italy' from design to production. Participants will explore how Italian manufacturing is exemplary throughout the world for its identification of the potential of materials, and will apply that knowledge to successfully balance design and function with a sophisticated aesthetic.
- the accessory product
- collection building and management
- visual communication and brand identity
- research methods
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- design and plan an accessories collection.
- choose appropriate materials for the product and experiment with new shapes.
- understand and know how to manage the production phases of accessories as defined by costs and draw up professional production boards.
- understand the scope of fashion and accessories companies.
- propose a complex, creative project with a wide mix of commodity-related well-coordinated products.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subjects.
- non-native English speakers need to provide a copy of the official English language certificate: the English language test score should be at least upper B2 at CEFR level - IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no elements below 5.5.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport-size photos
- Curriculum vitae
- Signed personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of a university diploma or school certificates with academic transcripts (for master course)
- Notarized photocopy of a graduation diploma and academic transcripts (must be equivalent to a UK bachelor degree) and their official translation in English, if in a language different than English (for the master's degree courses at the London and Paris schools)
- Portfolio (where requested)
Other application costs:
- Enrollment Fee: 5500 €
- Non - EU: 24000 €