Next admission round:
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: MBA in Oil and Gas Management
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a Major in Oil and Gas Management will provide you with in-depth knowledge and practical training relevant to the specialized field of trading in oil and gas on an International scale. You will learn how to face challenges and make key decisions within the energy industry.
Over the course of the program you will:
- Possess expertise in Oil and Gas trading techniques
- Become knowledgeable in economic principles that drive the Oil and Gas Industry
- Be capable of international accounting and financing
- Gain familiarity with international policies and legalities that govern Oil and Gas Trade
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. Beyond the principal Business modules offered within each major, an example of some of the Orientation (Specialist) subjects can be found below:
- Review and Projection of Oil Prices
- Oil Market
- Risk Management in Oil and Gas
- International Accounting and Finance for Oil and Gas
- Asset Management in Oil and Gas
- Mechanics of Commodity Training
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
The program is of particular relevance to those working, or planning to work as a:
- Supply Chain Manager
- Business Analyst
- Commodities Expert
- Business Development Coordinator
- Management Analyst
Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field (plus 2 years work experience for MBA).
Official English exam results - IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 70
If an official English exam certificate is not available we will consider proof of previous study in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years.
Complete the online application form and upload the following documentation:
1. Photocopy of all required academic diplomas and academic certificates obtained.
2. One passport photo.
3. Photocopy of valid passport/national identity card or permit.
5. Introduction letter providing reasons for wishing to study on the desired program at GBS (Transfer credits request should also be included in this letter, if applicable).
6. A 400-600 word essay. (Please refer to the application form for details).
7. Reference letters. Minimum of 1 reference letter, maximum 2.
Course cost description:
- 31950 CHF
- Administration fee for Non-European applicants: 4765 €
- Administration fee for European applicants: 2380 €
Application cost description:
Candidates from MastersBooking will not pay the application fee (150€) after pre-acception.