Next admission round:
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Master specializing in Startup and Digital Development
Develop a global vision of the issues facing digital transition and value creation mechanisms, in a changing economy.
To be immediately operational when creating or developing a startup or an ambitious business project, thanks to the methodologies, techniques and practical tools that the course brings.
This program is unique to EM Normandy, and is focused on startup culture and innovation, which prepares you for the challenges of a changing economy.
- Benefit from an ‘international week': visit and take lessons in the Silicon Valley
- Gain double expertise in entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Benefit from complementary certified courses: practical tasks in start-ups/businesses
- Benefit from an InsIDE incubation offer (cultural integration, support, lodging, financing) delivered by an institute specialising in innovation and entrepreneurship offered to entrepreneurial students from the school.
- Build a strong professional network, thanks to our many contacts within the world of business.
- Participate in cultural and startup events and in complementary professional courses: After InsIDE (interview with a CEO of a startup/digital company), StartUp Weekend, Meetups InsIDE (agility, management 2.0, practical tools), conferences, first-hand accounts from entrepreneurs, company visits and the structure of the ecosystems of start-ups and of innovation.
Place of study : Caen Campus
The MS in Startup and Digital Development takes the format of a start up, which begins at nothing and covers all the steps to reach success. Therefore it is separated into three training seminars, corresponding to the main stages in the life of a startup, or any other business project:
Beginning, Launch, Growth
These seminars will all be followed up by an HEC Entrepreneurs project in startup/business or by an individual challenge.
The content is 100% practical - it will be delivered by active entrepreneurs, known professionals and specialised professionals.
At the end of the year, an immersion trip to the heart of the Silicon Valley will round off the initiatory journey taken by the students. It will be composed of morning workshops and afternoon company and cultural visits.
- Total length of course: 14 months
- Lessons: September to the end of March
- Internship period: Carry out your “right hand man” internship at the heart of a company for 4-6 months.
- The course alternates between 2 -4 week blocks of seminars and training and 4- 6 week blocks of real tasks and challenges within a company.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
The programme falls fully within the response to new emerging trades (Cf. Study of APEC 2015) brought about by digital transition.
- Community Manager
- Head of mobile strategy
- Head of e-business
- Digital brand manager
- Digital planner
- Head of online communications
- E-reputation consultant
Alongside this study, start-ups close to InsIDE, whether they are innovative companies or not, have alerted us to the growing gap between the current and real needs of companies with a transitional digital background and the more or less general skills of our students.
After many exchanges and numerous collaborations, we are able to add to this list:
- Head of numerical/digital profit centres
- Head of digital marketing
- Commercial IT
- Head of projects (both digital and not)
And to conclude those who create start-ups/clear digital entrepreneurs
Bac +5 (Post-graduate) without experience or Bac +4 with 3 years of professional experience.
Exemption may be possible according to case by case judgement.
Considerations of CV, letter of motivation, application file questions & interview.