Presentation: MBS Retail Management
It is an internationally focused one year full time program. It is targeted for business or economics graduates who are interested in seniors positions of international businesses.
The general structure of the programme is as follows:
Semester 1 (September-December)
1. Managing Retail Enterprises
2. Retail Strategic Management
3. Global Supply Chain Management
4. Retail Location Strategy
5. Themed Seminar Week
6. Elective A or B or C
Semester 2 (January -May)
7. Managing Human Resources
8. Retail Performance Management
9. Research Methods
10. International Retailing Study Tour Week
11. Research Seminar Series
12. Elective D or E or F
Semester 3 (June-September)
13. Dissertation / Group Project
A Retail Decision Support Systems
B International Retailing
C Marketing The Retail Brand
D Retail Financial Strategy
E The shopping Experience
F Regulatory Environment for Retailing
Taken full-time over one calendar year the Masters in Business Studies in Retail Management involves
- presentations and seminars on a range of management issues focussed on retailing and on the industry`s leading-edge technology for category management, electronic data interchange and store location decisions.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
This programme is for Business Graduates who search for a career at senior management level in large scale retail companies or in organisations supplying such companies.
- An honours bachelor degree (minimum 2.2) in a business or cognate area or an equivalent professional business qualification, by examination, such as in Accountancy, Marketing, etc.
- An honours degree level of familiarity with business disciplines such as economics, accounting, finance, management, marketing and law so it is not really suitable for graduates who have taken primary degrees in arts or science or engineering.
- Working knowldedge of English (Minimum 6.5 IELTS or equivalent) is required.
- Academic grades
- Work/life experience
- Interview for specific programmes.