Next admission round:
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: MBA (Master of Business Administration)
The CityU MBA programme is an elite and high profile programme offered by the College of Business at City University of Hong Kong. The MBA programme is determined to be business oriented and focused on management and leadership skills needed to succeed in the ever-changing business world.
Students have the freedom to choose from three options: General MBA (40 credits); One Concentration MBA (49 credits); or Double Concentration MBA (58 credits). In all options, compulsory core courses make up 19 credits, plus a minimum of 9 credits for the Experiential Learning component. In the One Concentration MBA students then take a minimum of 6 credits of elective courses followed by an additional 15 credits of courses from one concentration area. In the Double Concentration MBA students take 30 credits of courses from two concentration areas. CityU MBA Programme offers five concentration areas to students including, Accounting, Finance, Information Management, Marketing and Supply Chain Management.
CityU MBA is committed to providing students with practical, cutting edge managerial practice. Participants will take a total of 19 credit units of compulsory courses plus at least 9 credit units from the Experiential Learning component, and
· at least 9 credit units from programme elective for General MBA (40 credits), or
· at least 6 credit units from programme elective and 15 credit units (compulsory courses: 6 credit units and elective courses: at least 9 credit units) for One Concentration (49 credits), or
· 30 credit units (compulsory courses: 6 credit units and elective courses: at least 9 credit units from each concentration) for Double Concentrations (58 credits).
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
CityU Hong Kong MBA graduates will acquire the skills and knowledge to pursue high-level positions in industry or government, in areas relevant to their career and/or concentration areas they specialised in.
To be considered for admission, an applicant is required to have: -
- A bachelor's degree from a recognized university with an acceptable GPA, or equivalent.
- Relevant work experience is desirable.
- A satisfactory GMAT score (For applicants with substantial years of work experience, waiver will be considered for case by case basis)
- All shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview
- English Proficiency Requirement (Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement: IELTS 6.5 or TOFEL 79 iBT or 550 PBT or CET 6)
- Assessment of application
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview
- MBA post interview reflection
Course cost description:
- Non local 875 € per credit unit
- Local 757 € per credit unit
Scholarship - a range of scholarships are available to MBA students at City University of Hong Kong:
1. Elite Scholarship - outstanding academic, career and/or personal achievement, as well as evidence of leaderships in extracurricular activities and community services.
2. GMAT Scholarship - Outstanding GMAT achievers who achieved a GMAT score of 650 or above.
3. Diversity Contribution Scholarship - outstanding international academic and/or career achievement.
4. Concentration/Internship Scholarship - outstanding participants who admitted to concentration curriculum and internship programme.
5. Student Ambassador Scholarship - MBA students selected to become Student Ambassador to represent CityU MBA Programme.
6. Academic Excellence Award - MBA graduates achieved academic excellence which equivalent to GPA 3.8 or above.