Next admission round:
- 2 years (24 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials (inter-university programme)
NOTICE: You can apply for this Degree Programme through mastersbooking.com only if you are an international student. Here follows the categories considered:
- EU citizens and EU-equated citizens
- Non-EU citizens with an Italian residency permit
- Non-EU citizens residing in Italy with an Italian qualification
- Non-EU citizens residing outside Italy
- Italian citizens with a qualification obtained abroad
Italian citizens with Italian qualifications must follow a different procedure. For more info please visit: http://www.unive.it/pag/9791/.
This Master's Degree Programme provides those who are interested in nano-technologies a strong multidisciplinary education in material science, chemistry and biology, preparing them to become professional figures able to design, synthesize and create new and innovative nano- and bio-materials.
You will attend classes and labs on how to prepare nano- and biomaterials and in particular on the chemical-physical characteristics, their properties, their methods of preparation and their applications. You will discover Italian or international companies or research labs with an internship.
Thanks to the skills you will gain, you will be able to apply in all the technical sectors of companies which produce, market, transform or develop materials or pursue your education with a doctorate degree.
This Master's Degree Programme aims to provide graduates with a solid multidisciplinary education in physics, chemistry and biology, and the ability to hold positions of high responsibility in complex process management such as planning, synthesis and characterisation of materials, of a biological nature too. The educational activities include theoretical activities and laboratories relating to preparation and characterisation of bio- and nano-materials. In particular, chemical-physical characteristics, properties and preparation methods of nano-structured materials, as well as their applications, will be investigated.
The educational activities include classroom teaching, workshops and internships, in order to acquire wide-ranging skills that can be readily transferable into the world of work.
The study plan embrace basic (theoretical) educational and laboratory activities relating to preparation and characterisation of bio- and nano-materials. In particular, chemical-physical characteristics, properties and preparation methods of nano-structured materials, as well as their applications, will be investigated.
During the whole university career, the various skills and knowledge acquired by students will be assessed through written and oral examinations.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
Master's graduates in Sciences and Technologies of Bio- and Nano-Materials may be employed in all technical sectors, including managerial positions, of companies dealing with manufacturing, processing and development of materials of various nature, both structured and functional. Proper career opportunities may be also found in research and development laboratories, both public and private, operating in the field of materials investigation and certification.
Entry qualification : Bachelor diploma (or higher)
For Academic year 2018/19, admission onto the Master's Degree programme in Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials requires:
- an adequate personal preparation;
- specific curricula requirements, matured with the obtainment of a definite number of credits in certain disciplinary fields;
- understanding of English language at level B2; the list of certifications and cases of exemption are available on the dedicated web page. Each knowledge will be verified by the office at the moment of enrolment.
B2 level of English language is also required.
We accept the following international exams:
- IELTS 4.0-5.0
- TOEFL iBT 57-86
Admission to the programme is subjected to the evaluation of the minimum curricular requirements and personal preparation, which is checked through the pre-evaluation procedure.
For students holding qualifications gained abroad: a minimum three-year degree is required.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
You will need official translations along with verified copies of the original documents.
The official translation can be issued in the country of origin or in Italy - either by a local court of law, by court interpreters or by official translators. The entry qualification documents must also be legalised or bear the Apostille stamp certifying that the signature or seal on the document is genuine, and submitted in the original or certified copy.
You do not need to legalise the documents if:
- the qualification has been awarded by one of the signatory Countries of the European Convention of Brussels of 25 May, 1987 - Law 106/1990 (Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy);
- the qualification has been awarded by a German institution, following the Italo-German Convention on the exemption from legalization of public documents - Law 176/1973.
You must bring the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Course cost description:
Cost of the Degree Programme :
- EU students: 2061€
- Non-EU students from OECD countries (Australia, Canada, Chile, South Korea, Japan, Iceland, Israel, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, United States, Switzerland and Turkey): 2100€
- Non-EU students from developing countries (http://www.unive.it/): 700€
- Students from all other countries: 1200€
In addition, Ca' Foscari offers students a variety of forms of financial aid: scholarships, exemptions and reduction of fees, student loans, prizes for outstanding dissertations and other forms of concession.
Some of the student loans involve agreements with banks allowing students to pay tuition fees on favourable terms. The most deserving students are entitled to an interest-free advance repayable a year after graduation.
Students are also given the opportunity to participate in forms of student collaborations involving paid jobs within the university.