Next admission round:
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Computer Science
NOTICE: You can apply for this Degree Programme through mastersbooking.com only if you are an international student. Here follows the categories considered:
- EU citizen and EU-equated citizen
- Non-EU citizen with an Italian residency permit
- Non-EU citizen residing in Italy with an Italian qualification
- Non-EU citizen residing outside Italy
- Italian citizen with a qualification obtained abroad
Italian citizens with Italian qualifications must follow a different procedure. For more info please visit: http://www.unive.it/pag/9791/.
This English taught Master's Degree Programme offers a broad spectrum of knowledge and skills on methods, tools and enabling technologies to manage and analyze large amounts of data through statistical techniques and machine learning and design reliable software with focus on security, correctness and performance.
The contents of the two specializations intercept fast growing industrial sectors in production and services, both at national and international level; in particular, Big Data & Analytics, Cybersecurity, Cloud, and IoT.
Thanks to this programme, graduates will be proficient in software design, data management and analysis, informatic systems and computer networks, especially with regards to security, in Italy and abroad.
The programme was recognized as outstanding by several Italian professional associations.
This Master's Degree Programme is fully taught in English and offers a broad spectrum of knowledge and skills on methodology, tools and technology to:
- Manage and analyze large amounts of data using statistics and machine learning;
- Design reliable software with focus on security, correctness and performance.
The two curricula focus on growing sectors of the industry and on Italian and international services such as Big Data & Analytics, Cybersecurity, Cloud e IoT.
- Data Management and Analytics (fully taught in English)
- Software Dependability and Cyber Security (fully taught in English)
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
This Master's Degree Programme produces high-quality experts who may operate in the fields of software construction and data analysis, both in manufacturing companies dealing with information systems and processor networks, and in companies, local authorities and laboratories using complex information systems and analysis methods, both at a national and international level.
In particular, Computer Science graduates at Ca' Foscari will acquire skills for the production of reliable and correct software, with particular emphasis on security problems of IT systems. Moreover, they will acquire competencies concerning the management, intelligent treatment and analysis of data, which are particularly large, heterogeneous, and produced at high speed.
Moreover, second cycle graduates may take the professional licensing examination to register on the Italian roll of information engineers (section A).
Entry qualification: Bachelor diploma (or higher)
For Academic year 2018/19, admission onto the Master's Degree programme in Computer Science requires:
- an adequate personal preparation;
- specific curricula requirements, matured with the obtainment of a definite number of credits in certain disciplinary fields.
- understanding of English language at level B2: the list of certifications and cases of exemption are available on the dedicated web page. Each knowledge will be verified by the office at the moment of enrolment.
Admission to the programme is subjected to the evaluation of the minimum curricular requirements and personal preparation, which is checked through the pre-evaluation procedure.
For students holding qualifications gained abroad: a minimum three-year degree is required.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
B2 level is required.
As proof of English language level we accept the following international exams:
- IELTS 5.5
- TOEFL iBT 87-109
Course cost description:
Cost of the Degree Programme :
- EU students: 2061€
- Non-EU students from OECD countries (Australia, Canada, Chile, South Korea, Japan, Iceland, Israel, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, United States, Switzerland and Turkey): 2100€
- Non-EU students from developing countries (http://www.unive.it/): 700€
- Students from all other countries: 1200€
In addition, Ca' Foscari offers students a variety of forms of financial aid: scholarships, exemptions and reduction of fees, student loans, prizes for outstanding dissertations and other forms of concession.
Some of the student loans involve agreements with banks allowing students to pay tuition fees on favourable terms. The most deserving students are entitled to an interest-free advance repayable a year after graduation.
Students are also given the opportunity to participate in forms of student collaborations involving paid jobs within the university.