Presentation: Advanced Master in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
The Advanced Master in Innovation & Entrepreneurship is a 12 month International Master programme taking place at Solvay Brussels School of Economics & Management and MIP Politecnico di Milano, and is taught entirely in English.
The Advanced Master in Innovation & Entrepreneurship is aimed at candidates who want to think and act like entrepreneurs and become innovative leaders.
Our partner: MIP Politecnico di Milano.
MIP is a global business school accredited by EQUIS and AMBA. It is ranked by the Financial Times among the best business schools in Europe and has been recognised as a prestigious business school for over 30 years. The school works with a wide network of public and private companies and is supported by the strong links developed with the Politecnico di Milano's Departments of Engineering and Design.
The course is taught entirely in English and lasts for 12 months starting in September. The programme consists of an autumn term in Milan, a spring term in Brussels and a summer term at one of the two campuses, according to preference.
By being mobile across different European locations, the participants will be stimulated to adopt a broader market perspective and to use their capability to network and interact with different business environments.
Over the course of the programme, participants will take part in three major projects:
- The ‘New Venture Accelerator', where they will have to act as an entrepreneur to create a business model of a start-up from scratch.
- The ‘Consulting Project', where they will have to act as a business consultant in an established small or medium enterprise.
- The ‘Corporate Internship', where they will have to act as a team member taking part in the launch of a new corporate project.
During these projects, participants will be individually coached by the faculty and professional consultants to maximise their on-the-job learning.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
These are just a few of the skills which the Master programme aims to develop in candidates:
- learning how to develop a new business idea, from concept design to execution.
- learning to introduce and manage innovations, both cost-effectively and sustainably.
- identifying new market and social opportunities for new and existing businesses.
- building your own personal network with managers, investors, designers, entrepreneurs, incubators and consultants from different industries and countries.
- building managerial and organisational skills, and your capability to work in a team.
We target participants who want to:
- become entrepreneurs or envisage entrepreneurial careers as family business managers;
- join the founding team of a start-up;
- work as associates in charge of corporate R&D projects or as consultants to assist companies in implementing innovative and creative projects.
Eligible applicants must hold one of the following:
- a master's degree (four or five years of study)
- a post-graduate degree
- a bachelor's degree (four years) followed by one to three years of work experience
- another degree equivalent to the above (please consult us for more information)
Admissions will be based on the candidates' proficiency in English and on their background, professional potential and motivation.
If the review of your application is positive, an interview (at Solvay or via Skype) will be organised with the Academic Director within 2 weeks. The result will be communicated within 5 working days. From the date of receipt of your admission letter, you will then have two weeks to confirm your registration by paying a 2000€ deposit and signing the admission documents.
Deadline to apply: EU students: August 31st 2017; Non-EU students: May 31st 2017