The 2 year MBA program offered by KBS is ranked among Eduniversal's 1000 Best Masters Programs. The MBA course is conducted in Japanese and it is therefore essential to have a good command of the language.
First Term (Spring Term)
- Accounting and Control
- Management Science
- Organization Behavior, and Marketing
Second Term (Fall Term)
- Business Environment
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
Third Term (Winter Term)
- General Management (Business Policy and Strategy)
The program content is spread out over six terms in 2 years. MBA-Students have to succeed in eight core courses with a grade average or higher than average, and at least 12 elective courses.
In the second year, the students will spend eight to ten months on their MBA thesis under the supervision of their supervisors. An oral presentation is required at the end of the second year to obtain Keio's MBA Degree officially.
The entrance examination checks the motivation and capacity of candidates to understand fully the aim of the school and the course content that the students are going to learn during the MBA Program
Candidates willing to take the entrance examination have to meet one of the following criteria:
- University graduate or expected to graduate from university
- Received a bachelor degree from an institution authorized to confer degrees, or supposed to receive a bachelor degree
- Completed sixteen years of school education overseas
- Decided by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Finished fifteen years of school education abroad, and acknowledged by KBS as having obtained outstanding results in credits stipulated by KBS at the applicable University
- Admitted by KBS as holding academic capabilities equal or superior to university graduates
Entrance examinations are held every October and January. Candidates are first assessed on their personal achievements and then there is a written exam & interview.