Presentation: Master of Fashion Design Collection
The founder Giulio Marangoni founded the Istituto Artistico dell'Abbigliamento Marangoni (Istituto Marangoni) with the objective of training professionals and technicians specializing in the field of fashion. Istituto Marangoni has never stopped believing in the value of training, constantly updating its programmes to ensure they are in line with Italian and international market needs.Istituto Marangoni has opened four new schools: London in 2003, Paris in 2006, Shanghai in 2013, and Milano Design in 2014. Istituto Marangoni now announces the opening of the new School of Fashion, Art & Design in Florence, scheduled for October 2016.
About the course:
The course is aimed at teaching participants to go deeper, research, identify styles, create and, at the same time, foresee the most intriguing trends. The function of the master programme is to go beyond the practical teaching of how a collection must be coordinated.
- fashion exploration
- design intentions
- fashion design,
- development and identity
- research methods
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
- gain innovative working methods in menswear and womenswear design and brand development.
- independently manage the creative process, channelling it into project development, in line with trends in the global fashion industry.
- understand the use of existing and emerging software in order to work in an International Environment.
- evaluate and manage niche brands and global companies.
- develop research methodology independently to succeed in the fashion industry.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Design, art or similar subjects.
- non-native English speakers need to provide a copy of the official English language certificate: the English language test score should be at least upper B2 at CEFR level - IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no elements below 5.5.
After being accepted on the platform the student will be contacted in order to submit all of the below mentioned documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport-size photos
- Curriculum vitae
- Signed personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Copy of a university diploma or school certificates with academic transcripts (for master course)
- Notarized photocopy of a graduation diploma and academic transcripts (must be equivalent to a UK bachelor degree) and their official translation in English, if in a language different than English (for the master's degree courses at the London and Paris schools)
- Portfolio (where requested)
Other application costs:
- Non - EU: 24000 €
- Enrollment Fee: 5500 €