Presentation: Master in Management
Master in Management was created in 1999.
The program has three concentrations:
- International Business
- International Logistics & Supply Chain Management,
- Information Technologies & Innovation Management.
Master in Management provides an opportunity to apply for one of three double- or joint-degree programs:
- Joint-degree with the Global Alliance in Management Education CEMS (Master in Management);
- Double-degree with HEC School of Management, Paris, HEC-Paris (Master in Management);
- Double-degree with Lappeenranta University of Technology, LUT-Lappeenranta (Master in Business Administration);
- Double-degree with Vienna University of Economics and Business, WU-Vienna (Strategy, Innovation, and Management Control).
- International Business, IB
International Business profile is focused on the development of students' professional, analytical and research competencies in global business issues. The profile covers studies in all fields of management in an international context and provides the knowledge and skills which are extremely important when doing business in global economy.
- International Logistics & Supply Chain Management, IL&SCM
The profile was developed jointly in cooperation with the Deutsche Bahn and Russian Railways Center for International Logistics and Supply Chain Management to further the development of higher education and was supported by Russian Railways. This specialization targets the preparation of highly qualified specialists and top managers in the sphere of logistics and supply chain management. The graduates are qualified for performing effective professional activity in the field of integrated logistic operations and company logistic systems management, and will also be able to function as leading analysts, researchers, department directors and logistics directors in global shipping companies, industrial and service companies.
- Information Technologies & Innovation Management, ITIM
This profile was developed with the support of the OJSC RUSNANO Group for the preparation of business analysts with a broad field of specialization with an emphasis on Russian and international hi-tech projects management, working within companies with high intellectual capital, as well as in high technology companies focusing on innovative approaches and design in telecommunications, information technology industry, energetics and transportation. The program is designed for students with a previous education in technology, mathematics, science, engineering, or economics who seek to effectively use their potential and build successful careers in the field of information technologies, and innovation projects management.
- On the second semester of the program GSOM MiM students must choose between the general management track or one of three concentrations. The number of places available within each concentration is limited. The choice of a concentration happens during the first semester on a competitive basis considering the individual choice of each student and his/her rank, which is formed on the basis of admission test and interview results.
- The general track of the Master in Management program allows the student to choose an individual portfolio of elective courses, Master Thesis specialization, focusing on the areas of studies such as general and strategic management, marketing, organizational behavior and personnel management, knowledge management and others. The profile provides in-depth learning of all major areas of management.
- State-recognized Diploma of higher professional education confirming that a “bachelor”, “diploma specialist”, “specialist” or a “master” qualification
- TOEFL (IELTS, FCE/b, BEC V/b) test result acceptance
- GMAT test result acceptance
- The English Language Test
This written test is a counterpart to TOEFL. The available TOEFL or IELTS, FCE/b (CAE), BEC V/b (BEC Higher) certificates with the set minimum scores are accepted for this admissions language test.
- Management and Business English Test
This written test is a counterpart to GMAT.
- Business Communication in English: a written essay and a personal interview
The essay and the interview are to reveal an applicant's motivation for studying and achieving set goals, leadership and entrepreneurial skills, creativity, as well as analytical and communicative skills, innovation drive, international focus, ethical business standards, cultural background and business communication in English.