Presentation: Specialised Masters in Managing Live Produce and Food Processing Companies
This course responds to the significant changes at major food processing companies, as well as at companies using biotechnologies. It allows students to grasp the peculiarities of the food processing and biotech industries, to understand the dynamics of the food processing and biotech sectors in a context of economic globalisation and growing product differentiation, and to assimilate current management tools and techniques.
- Management Fundamentals
- Theoretical and Operational Knowledge
- An Initial Approach to Industrial Markets
- The Food Processing and Live Produce System
- Four optional classes : Marketing, Finance, Industrial Performance, or Risk Management (months of January and February)
- Dynamics of the Live Produce and Food Processing Company
- Learning Trip to Shanghai (a study visit to China to discover the opportunities offered to food processing and live produce industries in a key region).
- 610 hours of teaching over 12 months
- A communal core general management curriculum
- A specialised approach
- A \"specialised\" module in Shanghai
- A six-month professional work placement
- Writing and defending a professional dissertation
- An optional in-depth study trimester in Shanghai
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
The main roles held by graduates of this MSc are as follows: Product Manager, Marketing Studies Manager, Buyer, Supply Chain Manager, Quality Manager, Project Manager, Consultant, Financier and Management Controller in all types of live produce and food processing sector companies.
Applicants must have:
- a Masters degree,
- a Bachelors degree + at least three years' professional experience,
- by special dispensation capped at 30%, a Bachelors degree, or equivalent, without professional experience,
- a foreign degree equivalent to the aforementioned degrees.
The selection process takes place in two stages:
- The first selection stage: assessed based on administrative items (application file, its supporting documents, and an online video).
- The second selection stage: assessment following an oral interview, where applicable.
Course cost description:
These tuition fees include administration fees, as well as lifetime membership of the EMLYON FOREVER network for the 2015/2016 academic year and may change without prior notice.", Extending tuition beyond the official course duration will incur the payment of administrative fees at the rate of €500 per additional year.