Presentation: Master in Real Estate (MSc)
The Master in Real Estate delivers a professional education in real estate with a strong international focus. As a participant in the programme, you will explore complex investment structures and discuss important real estate questions, optimally preparing you for a career in the real estate industry.
The programme will equip you with the relevant expert knowledge at a high academic level so that you gain an understanding of important issues in real estate management, real estate law and real estate economics and are able to apply your knowledge in the practical setting.
The programme also comprises modules in personal development, a study semester abroad to strengthen intercultural competence and a strong practical component with an integrated compulsory internship, expert lectures and corporate visits.
Compulsory courses for all Master's programmes:
- Research Methods I & II
- Studium Fundamentale I & II
- Personal Mastery
Compulsory courses in Real Estate:
- Advanced Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Valuation
- Real Estate Economics
- Advanced Real Estate Management
- Real Estate Risk Management & Statistics
- Sustainable Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Investment
- Dual degree is possible by extending the programme to include an additional semester at one of our partner universities
- Delivers a strong understanding of theoretical and practical state-of-the-art management tools and their application as well as a sound knowledge base for innovative management in the real estate industry
- Same compulsory courses for all Master's programmes
- High-quality learning in small groups
- All courses taught in English
- Worldwide network of partner universities
- Integrated semester abroad at a renowned partner institution
- Dual degree option leading to an additional, international degree (MBA or specialist Master)
- Integrated compulsory internship lasting at least six weeks
- Personal coaching in one-to-one talks
- Optimal support for personal development (Studium Fundamentale, Educare, Lifelines, Personal Mastery, student initiatives)
- Career Services Center (internships, career fairs, workshops)
- RICS certificated
- Interesting job offers and access to EBS partners in the real estate sector, e.g. Aareal Bank, Generali Immobilien, Union Investment and many more
The programme begins in September and January each year and is organized in two semesters spent at EBS and one semester spent abroad. The third semester is reserved for your study experience abroad and the compulsory internship. The Master's thesis is written between the second and third semester, frequently in cooperation with a company from our corporate network. In addition, students also have the opportunity to earn a further, international degree (MBA or a specialist Master's degree) at one of our partner universities. This requires extending your stay abroad by a further semester and leads to two degrees gained within two years.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
The EBS Master in Real Estate (MSc) programme will equip you with state-of-the-art management know-how and the relevant professional knowledge at a high academic level so that as a young professional you will understand the challenges facing the real estate sector and be able to play an active role in shaping the industry's future.
- Bachelor's degree with 180 ECTS and sufficient knowledge of business and economics or
- an equivalent recognized degree: for applicants with a non-business degree (e.g. engineers) EBS offers a preparation semester designed to equip students with the requisite business knowledge for the Master's programme
- Proof of at least 10 weeks of internship
- TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent proof
- GMAT, GRE or EBSgrad (with good quantitative score results)
- Successful completion of the EBS Personal Master´s Assessment (PMA)
The Master's admission process is a standardized process developed by staff and faculty members at EBS and conducted under their direction and supervision. The PMA consists of a 45-minute interview. Candidates who participate in the PMA are evaluated by small groups of specially trained and experienced observers. They assess the candidates' motivation, their social competence, their abstract reasoning skills, and their communication and presentation skills.
Course cost description:
Enrolment fee: 690 €
Study fee: 7950 € per semester