Presentation: Master in Automotive Management
The Master in Automotive Management (MSc) at EBS Business School in Germany is designed to provide participants with the most advanced techniques of management in the automotive industry. The education programme covers theoretical and practical fundamentals of automotive management from viewpoints of major automotive decision-making as well as all aspects of knowledge in the industry. The education programme is designed to address up-to-date key questions of the industry, for example:
- How to deal successfully and profitably with the changing markets and customer needs?
- How do changes in the political, economical, technological, ecological, and sociological environment impact automotive companies?
- How can future mobility demands be served?
- How do automotive brands have to be changed to be successful in future?
- How to design and manage the complex global value chains effectively and efficiently?
- How to redesign today's and future business processes in the automotive industry best in terms of time, cost, quality, and flexibility?
Strong emphasis will be on the transfer to practice through application of quantitative and qualitative empirical methods and use of case studies. All lectures take an international perspective and discuss best practice approaches from across the globe.
Compulsory courses for all Master's programmes:
- Research Methods I & II
- Studium Fundamentale I & II
- Personal Mastery
Compulsory courses in Automotive Management:
- Strategy, Corporate Foresight & HRM in the Automotive Industry
- Brand Management & Consumer Behaviour
- Creating Operational Excellence
- Mobility Innovation, R&D and Engineering
- Sustainability, Regulations & Business Strategy
- Organization & Information Management in the Automotive Industry
- Distribution Channels & Dealership Management
- Dual degree is possible by extending the programme to include an additional semester at one of our partner universities
- Delivers a strong understanding of theoretical and practical state-of-the-art management tools and their application as well as a sound knowledge base for innovative management in the automotive industry
- Same compulsory courses for all Master's programmes
- High-quality learning in small groups
- All courses taught in English
- Worldwide network of partner universities
- Integrated semester abroad at a renowned partner institution
- Dual degree option leading to an additional, international degree (MBA or specialist Master)
- Integrated compulsory internship lasting at least six weeks
- Personal coaching in one-to-one talks
- Optimal support for personal development (Studium Fundamentale, Educare, Lifelines, Personal Mastery, student initiatives)
- Career Services Center (internships, career fairs, workshops)
- Interesting job offers and access to EBS corporate partners
The programme begins in September and January each year and is organized in two semesters spent at EBS and one semester spent abroad. The third semester is reserved for your study experience abroad and the compulsory internship. The Master's thesis is written between the second and third semester, frequently in cooperation with a company from our corporate network. In addition, students also have the opportunity to earn a further, international degree (MBA or a specialist Master's degree) at one of our partner universities. This requires extending your stay abroad by a further semester and leads to two degrees gained within two years.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
The EBS Master in Automotive Management (MSc) programme will equip you with state-of-the-art management know-how and the relevant professional knowledge at a high academic level so that as a young professional you will understand the challenges facing the automotive sector and be able to play an active role in shaping the industry's future.
- Bachelor's degree with 180 ECTS and sufficient knowledge of business and economics or
- an equivalent recognized degree: for applicants with a non-business degree (e.g. engineers) EBS offers a preparation semester designed to equip students with the requisite business knowledge for the Master's programme
- Proof of at least 10 weeks of internship
- TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent proof
- GMAT, GRE or EBScore (with good quantitative score results)
- Successful completion of the EBS Personal Master´s Assessment (PMA)
The Master's admission process is a standardized process developed by staff and faculty members at EBS and conducted under their direction and supervision. The PMA consists of a 45-minute interview. Candidates who participate in the PMA are evaluated by small groups of specially trained and experienced observers. They assess the candidates' motivation, their social competence, their abstract reasoning skills, and their communication and presentation skills.
Course cost description:
- 7950 per semester
- 690 enrollement fee